RulerofOne

Getting off child's student loans - she makes more than me!

My daughter has 3 student loans, 2 of which I co-signed on. She graduated 3 years ago and has never missed a payment on these loans. She also makes $20K more a year than I do! My question: is it possible for me to get off these loans? If so, how would I go about doing so?

Thank you!

My daughter has 3 student loans, 2 of which I co-signed on. She graduated 3 years ago and has never missed a payment on these loans. She also makes $20K more a year than I do! My question: is it possible for me to get off these loans? If so, how would I go about doing so?

Thank you!

The ONLY way(s) to get off any loan you co-signed is to have the other co-signor refinance the loans in their name only or if you file BK.  Creditors will not let a responsible party off the debt any other way because it is better for them to be able to collect from two parties vs. one.  

How much she makes is only relevant to any attempt to refinance.  3 years of excellent payments should mean little difficulty in refinancing on her income alone if the rest of her credit is good.  Have you discussed refinancing with her?