Scooter500

CACH LLC/Mandarich. See Doc, Does it have any legal grounds?

I assume they're thinking they can sue all your ex-spouses while they're at it. 

It would be hard to imagine how that question does not break some discovery laws. 

It would be hard to imagine how that does not break some discovery laws. 

They can sue mine, she's the reason for most of my debt. And I can't say I care for her much.  ::devillaugh::

• Like 2

Why stop there? Shouldn't they know each and every girlfriend you've ever had?

Ridiculous; that one will be easy to object to. Talk about overreaching! I have to wonder why they felt that was an appropriate question, even taking into consideration that this is a community property state. Shouldn't they first be concerned with tying you to the alleged debt first?

• Like 1

@Anon Amos

It would be hard to imagine how that question does not break some discovery laws. 

While requests are supposed to be relevant, I don't know that there's anything that can be done about it other than to object.

Ridiculous; that one will be easy to object to. Talk about overreaching! I have to wonder why they felt that was an appropriate question, even taking into consideration that this is a community property state. Shouldn't they first be concerned with tying you to the alleged debt first?

Agreed. I would think that this falls under discovery abuse and could warrant sanctions. That might be more fight than the OP wants to get into however. You would think there's a judge out there who would be disgusted with this line of questioning.

Easily objected to, but I would have a hard time not trying to use it against them.

A perfect example of how CACH operates.

@Anon Amos

While requests are supposed to be relevant, I don't know that there's anything that can be done about it other than to object.

Depends if an objection ends that line of questioning or not. 

@Anon Amos

IDK, we have over 2000 discovery laws, and discovery abuse is not always taken lightly. There is  a lot in there about what you can't do, and sanctions do not only have to be monetary, they can be evidentiary or in the form of exclusion from further discovery. That's not exactly an example of litigating in good faith either. They know that it is very unlikely a judge will ever see that question.

It means, from the questions they have asked you, my spidey sense is telling me that they have sued you for an ACCOUNT STATED cause of action. They have a few to choose from, like breach of contract, etc.

Understood.

Yes, they want to check and see if you have ever had an STD. ;)

• Like 3

Scooter500 (a good name by the way from another scooter).  As Anon Amos said you can win against cach and the Man(darich).  I got the same questions from Cach as well.  I just objected to them and they never did try and challenge it.  The reason they probably ask is if you are or were married they might add them as a John Doe.  California is a community property state.  You will notice in their complaint it mentions "agents, servants, etc."  Basically they are just fishing.  Anon Amos and others gave me some great answers for these make sure you answer these in the required time or they can be deemed admitted against you.

• Like 1

Have you sent a Bill of Particulars?  You probably still have time to send one and have them refuse to respond before your discovery responses are due.

See 1111girl's thread for an objection to discovery based upon the refusal to respond to a BOP.