Is Bankruptcy an option???

manutd

For my case, I lost one summary judgement.  It costs me $10,xxx.  My wage is being garnished.  But my wages is so low that it is not even enough to pay the 12% interest.  And I am having another motion for summary judgement for $7,xxx.

Also I have a LC debt for about $15,xxx.  I only have one job.  No asset.  One bank account with couple hundred bucks.

I am married and my significant half is trying to pay off the debt.  Should I file bankruptcy?

Thanks!

First of all, unless your wife is a cosigner on the debt, they should stop making payments.

I kow someone will point out Wa. is a community property state but, the bk code does provide for a communiy discharge of debts. A lawyer will be able to explain that to you.

Based on what you've told us-yes, you are an excellent candidate to file bk. Most lawyers will give a free or lowcost initial consultation. Speak with a couple and get all of your options explained.

• 2 months later...

Filing on one's own, at least in this country, is not always a simple process. If you have joint possessions with your spouse, it may be a better idea to have an experienced BK attorney help you.

I went through a CH7 many years ago, and found BK attorneys all over the map, in relation to their fees. I was grateful to find one who was both competent and affordable for a single mom with four kids.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Filing on one's own, at least in this country, is not always a simple process. If you have joint possessions with your spouse, it may be a better idea to have an experienced BK attorney help you.

I went through a CH7 many years ago, and found BK attorneys all over the map, in relation to their fees. I was grateful to find one who was both competent and affordable for a single mom with four kids.

Finding a good attorney helps you handling your BK.