DonqIII

Very quick question on number of disputes.

I have done a search but did not see what I am looking for.

If you have multiple OCs and JDBs reporting on your CRAs and you are

disputing them all, I have been advised to only dispute up to 6 at a time.

Since there is a limited time from each agency to dispute, varying between

30 to 90 days.... and you dispute only 6... lets say of 15.....

do you loose the opportunity to dispute the others without ordering new

reports with a new report number on it?

Thanks

I have done a search but did not see what I am looking for.

If you have multiple OCs and JDBs reporting on your CRAs and you are

disputing them all, I have been advised to only dispute up to 6 at a time.

Since there is a limited time from each agency to dispute, varying between

30 to 90 days.... and you dispute only 6... lets say of 15.....

do you loose the opportunity to dispute the others without ordering new

reports with a new report number on it?

Thanks

Disputing 6 at a time is likely too many.  I have heard anything more than 2-3 the rest get ignored in the letter.  You don't lose your right to dispute anything because you don't order a new report.  You can simply use the old one to dispute the trade lines have you have not disputed before.

Based on your other posts you seem to be looking for a quick fix to this and it won't happen.  Regardless of whether you wait it out or dispute only TIME is going to solve this.  NOTHING in credit repair happens over night.  You need to plan on 6 months to a year if not longer for it to really be in great shape.

• Like 1

Disputing 6 at a time is likely too many.  I have heard anything more than 2-3 the rest get ignored in the letter.  You don't lose your right to dispute anything because you don't order a new report.  You can simply use the old one to dispute the trade lines have you have not disputed before.

Based on your other posts you seem to be looking for a quick fix to this and it won't happen.  Regardless of whether you wait it out or dispute only TIME is going to solve this.  NOTHING in credit repair happens over night.  You need to plan on 6 months to a year if not longer for it to really be in great shape.

Nope... not a quick fix, and a year will be just fine.

The sponsor of this board generally does 6 at a time. I am aware of this because at one time I paid them to work on mine.

I ran out of money and could not continue with them. But in 7 months they managed to remove 11 negatives from one of the CRAs.

Their predecessor that I was using before them  got a two or three removed per CRA in 11 months.

I have nothing better to do at this time, and in truth... except for one CA misreporting a drop off date, along with a host of other things misreported, all will drop off themselves by the end of next year (2015).

If I can help that happen it would be better, if I can't I can't....

I am driving a 2001 car that I bought just after 9/11 to help the economy.... (Then the economy spit in my face in 2008 and my business flatlined..... and the economy would do nothing to help me)

But I digress.... just know I need to get a new one sooner or later and so am trying the credit end myself

• Like 1

@DonqIII - I have seen posted on here to stick around 6 at a time.  A few years back, I mailed in one with more than that and they did address all of them - I think I had about 10 disputes.  But i guess I would error on the side of less is better.

In the past before millions started doing credit repair and the responses got outsourced overseas to a third world call center I think you could dispute 6-10.  Today not so much.   There was just a story on the news this morning about how frustrating it is trying to get errors on a CR fixed and that several Attorney Generals are investigating all 3 bureaus because the process is not designed to aid the consumer at all.  (DUH) They profiled a local couple who has been trying for 5+ years to get ONE error fixed and after the AG got involved it was removed.  6 weeks later:  it was back.  There is no one size fits all answer to how many to send unfortunately.  

They profiled a local couple who has been trying for 5+ years to get ONE error fixed and after the AG got involved it was removed.  6 weeks later:  it was back.  There is no one size fits all answer to how many to send unfortunately.  

If an item was reinserted, the credit bureaus have to notify you in writing within 5 days.