Case dismissed w/o prejudice. Should I ask for dismissal with prejudice?

Hi. I need some advice regarding this post. http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/321913-nj-being-sued-by-fia-card-services-via-a-debt-collection-law-firm/?hl=foreverpoor#entry1269512

The linked post has the info from my credit card debt suit. I found out, via NJ's online court records website, that my case was dismissed without prejudice. I never received communications from the court or the plaintiff regarding the status of the case. Neither I nor the debt buyer showed up to court (as far as I know). I did answer the summons in the alloted time. I want to have this case dismissed with prejudice so it can't come back to haunt me. How do I go about doing that without triggering another suit by the same or a different debt buyer? If I can get it changed, will it positively affect my credit report/score?

I want to have this case dismissed with prejudice so it can't come back to haunt me. How do I go about doing that without triggering another suit by the same or a different debt buyer? 

The court has already dismissed.  It is too late to change that ruling now.  You would have had to have been there when the judge issued the ruling to ask for "with prejudice" for it to be considered.  Even then there is no guarantee it would have been dismissed that way.

If I can get it changed, will it positively affect my credit report/score?

It will have no affect on your credit report or score at all.  Until the actual debt can no longer be reported it will stay on your credit report.  The ONLY way a court action would have affected your CR is if the judge ruled you did not owe the money which is not what happened.