Randi

HELP! Wages are being garnished by GCFS

Somebody please help me!

Today I received a packet from my employer saying that my wages are being garnished!  The forms contained a paper stating the Levying officers name and address, which is the Sheriff's Dept in Inglewood.  It also says the plaintiff is GCFS.  It says the date the judgement was entered was 10/13/11.  And the amount is $8586.23.  I have NO CLUE WHAT THIS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!  And honestly, I am freaking out!  I cannot afford the $630 they want to take out of my check every two weeks!  The paper also gave me a court case number, so I went onto the site that they listed and attempted to enter in the case #.  There were more numbers in my case # than the site would allow me to type, so it did not recognize it.  I honestly don't know what to do!!!!  Can somebody please help me!

If you can, file for BK that will stop it, if not you can try and get the judgement overturned. You need the help of Calawyer, or Sea Dragon there in Calif.

What you really need to see is the proof of service of the summons and complaint.  That is the document (signed under penalty of perjury) where plaintiff tells the Court how you were supposedly served with the complaint.

• Like 1