possible 2nd suit

mrdwop

ok im back after beating cach llc. but now find out another jdb was sueing me (not for the same one)

I say 'was' because after looking on the county website (i have a habit of this now)  First they filed in Dec. Then in Jan.says:

decl service, they couldnt find me. A month later its Req:Dismissal, Entire W/O Prej.

Now i understand they could file again since its W/O prej. but how likely is that? is there a time limit for them to do that? Why would they file that. I was ready to go to WWII with them lol

I would just stay off the grid for a while. Many of the JDBs/CAs will be alerted when any activity appears on your CRs. This includes anything as simple as removing an old address or phone number. Even some activities such as applying for or getting a new job might show up. Depending on how common your name is they might also pick up activity on Facebook, Linkdin, Twitter, etc. Do nothing and the odds are in your favor. They may still sue, but it will cost them a new filing fee.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why would they file that. I was ready to go to WWII with them lol

update:

now it says 'substitution of attrney'

so are they gonna file again?

Chances are pretty good that they dismissed without prejudice because the law firm was no longer being retained to represent the JDB in that filing so all current cases were dismissed without prejudice so the new firm being retained could go through the cases and decide for themselves which one(s) they will pursue.

Unfortunately the crystal ball is out for repairs and the Wizard at the shop said the parts are on back order.  There is NO way to predict what the new firm will do on your case.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks!

As far as I remember  these debts were from 2010, but Im not exactly sure what month it was first late. Is there a way to offically know when last payment was late. On my CR some debts show payment years after 2010 when I know for sure I havnt paid anything after that year.

• 1 month later...

I would just stay off the grid for a while. Many of the JDBs/CAs will be alerted when any activity appears on your CRs. This includes anything as simple as removing an old address or phone number. Even some activities such as applying for or getting a new job might show up. Depending on how common your name is they might also pick up activity on Facebook, Linkdin, Twitter, etc. Do nothing and the odds are in your favor. They may still sue, but it will cost them a new filing fee.

would something like a credit check on a new cell phone trigger some alarms to them.

would something like a credit check on a new cell phone trigger some alarms to them.

Yes.  They pay a fee to the credit bureaus for a list of certain people and ask to be notified of when they apply for new credit.  This tells them when you may have money to pay them as well as be undergoing credit repair as well. 

• Like 1

I pulled my free credit reports a few weeks ago and all I did was have an old phone number removed. Believe it or not I started receiving calls from a collection agency within an hour or two. This is after not having any one call for months. So I would definitely not do anything that shows any type of activity.

Not to mention you can get a much better deal on a no contract phone plan now than a contract plan. Check at Radio Shack, Target and/or Walmart. I got two smart phone plans with unlimited everything for 85.00 per month. The V company wanted 50% more to sign a two year deal with limited data. The funny thing is that my no contract plan is not with V but it uses their towers. 

• Like 1

I pulled my free credit reports a few weeks ago and all I did was have an old phone number removed. Believe it or not I started receiving calls from a collection agency within an hour or two. This is after not having any one call for months. So I would definitely not do anything that shows any type of activity.

Not to mention you can get a much better deal on a no contract phone plan now than a contract plan. Check at Radio Shack, Target and/or Walmart. I got two smart phone plans with unlimited everything for 85.00 per month. The V company wanted 50% more to sign a two year deal with limited data. The funny thing is that my no contract plan is not with V but it uses their towers. 

Thanks, good to know. They didnt do a credit check and I decided not to get a new phone for now. But guess what, the calls from them are begining again after a few months of nothing. Wonder if they gonna file again soon.

Thanks, good to know. They didnt do a credit check and I decided not to get a new phone for now. But guess what, the calls from them are begining again after a few months of nothing. Wonder if they gonna file again soon.

After going through this way too many times the best answer is you never know. It depends on this "companies" business model and I have no experience with them. A lot of times when they start calling out of the blue they are just fishing. I would leave a generic message on your voice mail with no name and hope they start leaving messages. If they do leave start leaving messages the odds are they will violate the FDCPA in one way or another. Unfortunately unless you answer the phone they are not going to say anything. I still say the best thing to do is to not let them know you are alive. 

Do you know what the SOL is for this debt? If it hasn't passed, you are now three months closer to it than you were in Feb when you started this thread.

I'd find that out, based on what I KNEW what my last payment--from my checking account records, not my CRs.

The closer to the SOL, the more it's a good idea to keep your head down.

The only exception to that rule, for me, is that, if, within about 40 days of the SOL, the new attorney sends a dunning letter, I would wait till day 29, and then send a DV, CMRRR. That should put you over the SOL goal line, lawsuit free.

Do you know what the SOL is for this debt? If it hasn't passed, you are now three months closer to it than you were in Feb when you started this thread.

I'd find that out, based on what I KNEW what my last payment--from my checking account records, not my CRs.

The closer to the SOL, the more it's a good idea to keep your head down.

The only exception to that rule, for me, is that, if, within about 40 days of the SOL, the new attorney sends a dunning letter, I would wait till day 29, and then send a DV, CMRRR. That should put you over the SOL goal line, lawsuit free.

Good to know, thanks.

I checked my bank statements and  9/2010 was last payment.