Add Myself as Defendant

Neobane

I'm sure this is unprecedented or very rare at least.  But considering that we are married, I'm wanting to be added to the complaint as co-defendant pro se.  I am not even sure what a motion like this is called or what to cite, beside my Marriage Licence which the state and fed have recognized as a legally binding contract between spouse and I to "have and to hold" for "richer or poorer"...  too smartass?

Check you rules of procedure. In Arizona we have a rule that says:

d. “Necessary” and “indispensable” parties. A person who is not a party to the lawsuit may be "necessary" for a fair hearing of the lawsuit if the court cannot enter complete relief without the person, or if the person has an interest in the lawsuit that the court must resolve. Upon motion of any party, the necessary person will be made a party, served with the lawsuit, and required to participate in the lawsuit. If a necessary person cannot be made a party for any reason, then the court will determine if the absent party is “indispensable” and if so, whether the lawsuit should be dismissed.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty much.  I brought the motion up before the judge citing that "should something happen to my wife, I'd be held liable for whatever outcome came of this case".  Judge said this is no longer case (I guess she was referring to divorcer where I meant death).  She did however allow me to speak for my wife with the Plaintiff's consent.