Answering Interrogatories

Okay Folks,

So here's a question for you.  I've been searching the forums for what's allowed to be asked in interrogatories.  It's my understanding that Discovery in General can be very broad.  In this case, I am the Plaintiff and ACME Collections is the Defendant in a TCPA case.

I noticed requesst in their Interogatories for very specific information that doesn't really have relavance to the case.

I know that people often object to requests for admissions or interogatories in Discovery, but are you really required to answer detailed questions like:

• List every place that Weary Traveler has ever worked, since the beginning of time,  including dates of employement, job position and title, employers phone numbers and your salary, and reason for leaving your job.
  • List ever place Weary Traveler went to school, every bit of training or vocation you ever learned (does this include beer pong?), every degree you ever got, every date you attended, when you graduated.
  • Identify all other law suits or court proceedings you've been involved in
  • Identify any other collection accounts or Creditors you ever have had contact with in the last X years.
  • Identify any criminal record you've ever had, including any jail or prison you've ever been in...LOL? wow.
  • Identify your home and cellular telephone numbers and who the provider is

@Weary Traveler

I know that you probably ad-libbed a little bit ("since the beginning of time", for instance), but aside from that, did they really make such requests?   Such requests would be unlikely to lead to the discovery of relevant information.  In other words, they have nothing to do with the matter at hand and are none of their darn business.

@Weary Traveler

I know that you probably ad-libbed a little bit ("since the beginning of time", for instance), but aside from that, did they really make such requests?   Such requests would be unlikely to lead to the discovery of relevant information.  In other words, they have nothing to do with the matter at hand and are none of their darn business.

Yeah, I did ad-lib, but honestly...it reads "since you graduated" (e.g. college, highschool) or last modality of education.  Just a fyi...this is Federal Court.

It seems like a big fishing expedition.  What was your first job.  "I was a professional clown that worked at Bozo's Big Top.  My title was Lead Balloon Twister.  I made $14,000/year."    ::balloons:: 

And this advances Discovery for them, about why their client called my "Never-given-to-any-creditor-no-expressed-consent" cellphone how? Heh.

@Weary Traveler

At least you have a sense of humor about it.  :-)   I think the only time I might reveal past employment would be if I had been a proctologist or an investigator for the IRS, although there's not alot of difference between the two.

You're correct.  Their requests have nothing to do with a cellphone violation.