tallguy

Credit Dispute Letter Question

Hello,

I am in the process of writing my letters to the CB's disputing multiple accounts for each CB. My questions is, should I include ALL the accounts that I am disputing into one single letter for that CB or should I send out a separate letter for each individual account dispute? Say I have 5 Equifax accounts I'm disputing, can I put these all in one letter or in 5 separate ones?

Thanks for any input and advice.

• Like 1

We get this question all the time and there really isn't a correct answer.  The data entry clerks who will input your disputes to the computer system have a very short attention span.  If you over load them, there's a good chance not all you data will be entered. 

IMO, if you have several disputes for the same reason...group them in the same letter.  If you have one dispute that you might wind up in court over, send it separately.

• Like 1

Thanks, I think I am just going to send them all out individually just to be safe. Also, how imperative is it that I include a copy of my drivers licence and ss card into the letters? Having trouble locating them and I want to get this ball rolling.

@tallguy I am new to this as well and have been sending out letters with 4 different accounts in each one at a time and it has been working very well for me. The first letter I sent to transunion, I got all 4 items deleted. I think 4 is safe without being flagged as frivolous. then I just wait 30 days and do it again. It has worked with all 3 credit bureaus so far and I have done it at least twice with 2 different  bureaus. I haven't gotten all 4 deleted each time but I've gotten 6-8 items removed per bureau so far. 

And yes, with equifax for sure, send a utility bill and copy of your drivers license. Good luck!