CountryLady

UPDATE - Closing in on win against Asset Acceptance/Johnson Mark

@CountryLady

You're referring to statute 339.  I'm not trying to be difficult, but it doesn't say that the contract must be signed.

Hopefully, the plaintiff and the judge won't look up case law.  There's court precedent that says a credit card SOL is 4 years.  A written agreement can be the cardmember agreement because it contains the terms of the account.  

That may be why the attorneys won't take the case without a retainer. 

It was an oral agreement.  SOL in Ca for oral agreements is 2 years.

I have received quite a few messages from people asking for an update to my updated update. LOL  As part of the settlement I can not discuss it other than to say it has been settled. So sorry, all.

On a different topic....I will offer to everyone some advice. Please, please, please stand tall whenever you truly feel you are in the right. In everything you do. Don't quit.  Just don't quit. Even when you are told what you are doing is stupid or you will fail.  I think of the end of a wonderful poem...it is how I live my life...

"The race doesn't always go to the stronger or faster man. Sooner or later, the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can."

I wish you all the very best.

:pinkribbon:

• Like 1