Chriss

Hey guys Dispute letter question

Well, Felt like posting since its been forever anyways =). 

I think I am just going to mail my standard dispute letter, but not sure to meantion SOL as any debts I had are long past SOL at this point.

Doing a google this company seems pretty sleazy.

The debt does not fit any debt I recall ever having so that is why I think I might should leave the SOL out. Don't want to admit to something that was never mine to begin with.

In my googles I found something interesting about someone saying to sign dispute letters? I have never signed my letters in the past. Is that somethign you are suppose to do ? I figured last thing I wanted was somethign for them to try forge my signiture off of. I don't collectors ever signing I usually just hav e my name at the end of the letter.

SO would like to know legally on the signing part?

ANy thoughts much appreciated and I need to remember to check back here more often always enjoyed the conversations =)

No law says you have to sign a DV letter.  I always sent my CMRRR and referenced the CM# in the letter and included a copy of their dunning letter.

• Like 1

No law says you have to sign a DV letter.  I always sent my CMRRR and referenced the CM# in the letter and included a copy of their dunning letter.

Ok, that is what  I thought, just figured after the odd coment I read I should ask. looking a the two ive used in the past neither I think fits me here. The one is over complicated on what you want them to provide in the dispute. The other goes into SOL (which I dont think the debt even accurate) so to me SOL is pointless to talk abou if the debt not even one of the debts past SOL.

Anyone have some links to some simple dispute templates I can make one up that would fit this sort of scenario?

Did they send you a letter?

Send them a copy along with "Dear scum, I dispute the attached and request validation as defined by the FDCPA, me".

No big long winded letter required.

• Like 1

Did they send you a letter?

Send them a copy along with "Dear scum, I dispute the attached and request validation as defined by the FDCPA, me".

No big long winded letter required.

yeah I got a letter in the mail so I am working up my reply to them.

I think my old letter is just to long for now days :p. I am working up a new one right now. Maybe some care to help ill PM it to them and they can tell me what they think thanks for the replies willingtocope

=)

I always type my signature out then sign over that. Makes it hard to copy just your siginature without the typed name. I also kind of scribble it from what I normally sign.

You don't need anything fancy at all for zombie debt.

A simple:

Dear Scumbag Debt Collector:

I received your letter dated (date) regarding an account you are attempting to collect on.  This is not my debt and I refuse to pay this.  Cease and desist all communications with me.

Sincerely,

Nolongernaiveconsumer

ENC:  copy of letter

Then mail it to them CMRR and fuhgetaboutit.  

I never sign. Ill dressed DC attorney got snitty about that at the hearing. But really, why would anyone provide a signature to a collection agency? It's not as though they are reputed to be honest and above board in their dealings.

I received a demand from Portfolio Recovery for a Capital one acct that they purchased.  I guess that makes them JDB in this case. Question is, am I ok with the following simple validation letter or do I need to add more because they are a JDB.

My Name
My Address

Date

JDB address

via certified mail return receipt requested

Re; Verification request 15-USC 1692c©

Dear JDB,

Theis letter will also serve as notice pursuant to 15 U.S.C. 1692(g) that I do dispute the amount and validity of the alleged debt you seek to collect and do request that you provide written verification of the alleged debt

Sincerely,

me

Thank you. I assume that they bought it as they wrote in their letter that they purchased acct no 12345 on ....

Any advice on fighting them or what % of debt they would take to settle? I'm also wondering if they decide to sue at some point, can I invoke arbitration on the acct? I am assuming that there was an arbitration paragraph in the original contract but I'm not sure. I know that there is with Amex. Last question, on the statue of limitations for suing which is 4 years here, when does the time clock start.

Sorry for so many questions. I do appreciate the answers & efforts. Dwindling down to my last batch of CC debt with no more to follow ever again  :)

Sept 2012 I think

As I am writing this debt validation letter, there are a number of scripts in Microsoft word that look handwritten. These are a bit more difficult to read. Is there any advantage to using a more difficult script for them to read as maybe they will put it aside and not answer within 30 days?

Sept 2012 I think

As I am writing this debt validation letter, there are a number of scripts in Microsoft word that look handwritten. These are a bit more difficult to read. Is there any advantage to using a more difficult script for them to read as maybe they will put it aside and not answer within 30 days?

Since I want them to read my letter and since it could end up being used as evidence I would want it easily readable. I would also typically send it USPS CMRRR so I have a record of their receipt.

I am not familiar with GA collection laws and could not find anything on a quick search that indicated that Georgia has a 30 day response deadline for a collector to respond to a DV letter. I would want to be familiar with any such law before I drafted my DV letter. If there is a 30 day response deadline for the collector I would not want to give them any excuse for failing to meet the deadline such as making my letter hard to read.

AFAIK the FDCPA does not place any deadline on the collector to respond to a DV letter.