CountryLady

Looking for Asset Acceptance LLC Hicases

Indeed, Karma is grand; so grand in fact, that some of us are not allowed to talk about it! Congrats!!

Which is why I am so vocal now.  If I sign, posts will stop.  I will just do one last post that says "settled".  Til then, my attorney says yes indeed I can talk about all of it.  

I just hope my experience has helped at least one person in some way.

• Like 1

If they want the confidential clause in there, it'll cost em a few thousand. Based on their conversations, it appears Asset is going to sign to make ME go away.  

I like confidentiality as an à la carte item in settlement offers with parties that wish to hide their bad behavior. I discussed the issue here in post #2 on UPDATE - Closing in on win against Asset Acceptance/Johnson Mark

May things work out well for the OP.

• Like 1

Class actions are no good. For both the class members and class representatives. Here's why:

I am owed $40K by an employer. I hired a law firm who pushed it as a FLSA class action. I went along with it. I just got a call that it was 'settled.' My take, after attorneys fees will be about $4,500.

Of course, as class representative I can reject the settlement. And I'm going to.

I filed a class action FDCPA claim.

There were upwards of 17,000 class members. But because the award is based on 1% of valuation of the defendant, that left the class members with about $2 each. We settled the case on an individual basis since it wasn't feasible for a class wide distribution.

Congratulations! pre- ::USA::

This strategy is one that I keep banging my head against the wall trying to get so many others to consider. Always consult an experienced FDCPA attorney when you are sued. Its not a guarantee, but most of these JDBs violate the FDCPA in one way or another by the time they file suit, if not sooner. The worst case scenario is that it cost you a little time. Even though I always go pro se when sued I make sure everything is reviewed by a legal professional. 

Great Job! I'm really glad it worked out for you. 

• Like 3

Congratulations! pre- ::USA::

This strategy is one that I keep banging my head against the wall trying to get so many others to consider. Always consult an experienced FDCPA attorney when you are sued. Its not a guarantee, but most of these JDBs violate the FDCPA in one way or another by the time they file suit, if not sooner. The worst case scenario is that it cost you a little time. Even though I always go pro se when sued I make sure everything is reviewed by a legal professional. 

Great Job! I'm really glad it worked out for you. 

Thanks so much.  Our counter goes to them today or tomorrow.  I'm in no rush.  All my filings are/were timely.  It feels kinda good to be in the driver's seat.

Thanks everyone for all your help.