Sign in to follow this  
ByGeorge2004

Is there an order in discovery?

Hey everyone,

I had a question in regards to my case.

When it comes to the discovery phase, is there a specific order I should be sending out the forms?

I have written my request for production, should I file interrogatories first, then the request for production, or does it not really matter?

Any tips would be great, thanks!

Your best bet is to start with RFP. Also, be sure to follow WA's strict RFP rules. You can also request five items.

If they don't respond, you hit them with RFA to get them to admit they don't have anything.

:-)

• Like 1

@ByGeorge2004

If they do respond to your requests for production of documents, you might then send a request for admissions based upon the responses and/or documents you received.   For instance, if they were to send credit card statements that do not show any charges or payments, you might then request that they admit they have no credit card statements showing charges and payments.

check your rules. you may be required to send them a meet and confer letter first reminding them that you haven't received their responses.

I noticed that in the Washington court rules I do indeed need to do a meet and confer. Can you or anyone enlighten me on that process? Is this just a letter I send out to them asking to set up a meeting? Should it be filed with the court? or should I just call them and ask to set something up? Any help is great, thank you!

Not even a meeting, just a letter saying dear sir, this is serving as a reminder that your responses for xxxx were due.on xxxxx. I have not received those responses to date and will give you 10 additional days to produce. Thank you, xxxxx.

Or however you want to word it. Send it Cmrrr , you don't file it with the court, but will include it should you file a compel motion