admin

Internet Explorer Bug: What You Need To Know

Heh.  I'm not that dumb. I do anti-virus checks and have anti-virus software.

I've also never had an issue in the 9 years I've had an Apple laptop of one kind or another--on my second, bought when the first one FINALLY started to die, two years ago. Those old white things were tough!

I've been searching.  Looks like if you've got Windows Update enabled on your machine, there was a patch for Shockwave downloaded overnight...except if you're still running XP.  Bummer.

BTW...the vulnerability is in Shockwave.  That means there's a good chance its on Apple machines also.

I work in viruses/malware research and prevention. Use avast antivirus (the free version) and here is a work around to get XP patches till 2019

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/24/get-security-updates-windows-xp-april-2019/

It does work and MS is not too pleased.... Also, drop IE and use Google's chrome or Firefox as your browser.

I work in viruses/malware research and prevention. Use avast antivirus (the free version) and here is a work around to get XP patches till 2019

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/24/get-security-updates-windows-xp-april-2019/

It does work and MS is not too pleased.... Also, drop IE and use Google's chrome or Firefox as your browser.

Avast has been working well for me.

Nice tip on the XP patches update hack. Will have to check that out when I get in front of my XP units.