credit2011

Capital One Bank called a man's cell phone 221 times trying to collect an alleged debt, in violation of federal law, the unhappy customer claims

The problem with this is there is NO link to an actual case that has been filed.  Any link I found is from a suspicious site like the one linked.  As an original creditor Cap1 would not be subject to the FCDPA.  If he provided the cell number to Cap1 it may not even violate the TCPA.

The problem with this is there is NO link to an actual case that has been filed.  Any link I found is from a suspicious site like the one linked.  As an original creditor Cap1 would not be subject to the FCDPA.  If he provided the cell number to Cap1 it may not even violate the TCPA.

The site is very credible and on some cases they do make you pay to see , but that is how they make money instead of taking a lot of ads I assume.

If you go the mail URL you will see more about them.

They are a legal source information site for people and the media.

I am not affiliated with them in any way- Its www.courthousenews.com

if the defendant has a record of calls outside the time frames for legal times to call and a record of the number of calls, then I do believe she has a case and if wins, just sets another precedence for the consumer.

The site is very credible and on some cases they do make you pay to see , but that is how they make money instead of taking a lot of ads I assume.

EVERY link I found was for a "pay to read" site which does not equate to credible in my book.  I could find no case on Google Scholar either.  Funny how they do not mention the consumer's name, city, or state either.  A case like this in Federal Court would have been picked up by mainstream media very quickly if it really was filed with all the attention on harassing creditors these days.

if the defendant has a record of calls outside the time frames for legal times to call and a record of the number of calls, then I do believe she has a case and if wins, just sets another precedence for the consumer.

There is NO WHERE near enough information in that two sentence blurb on a pay site to determine if this is even a real case let alone a valid one.  

EVERY link I found was for a "pay to read" site which does not equate to credible in my book.  I could find no case on Google Scholar either.  Funny how they do not mention the consumer's name, city, or state either.  A case like this in Federal Court would have been picked up by mainstream media very quickly if it really was filed with all the attention on harassing creditors these days.

There is NO WHERE near enough information in that two sentence blurb on a pay site to determine if this is even a real case let alone a valid one.  

Yes that is true- it was just a link . I am sure I can maybe find it elsewhere when I have time and post it.