Credit Protection Association - Apartment Complex Alleged Debt

worldlove

Okay, in 2010 I left an apartment and the apartment complex alleged that I had $300 worth of damages.  Before I could pay the amount in full it was placed with a collection agency- National Credit Systems. I made automatic draft payment arrangement with them and I believe that the full amount was satisfied. Years later I noticed an entry on my credit report for a balance of $160.  I disputed but it came back verified.  I don't then nor now believe that this money is owed.  I contacted the original creditor and they sent me something in writing as well as left a voicemail saying that this debt was paid in full. I then sent this info to the credit bureau and disputed the entry.  AGAIN, it came back "verified". I contacted the original creditor and they contacted National Credit Systems.  The collection agency is telling them that I still owe a balance per their records.  The original creditor said they are going to re-review their records on Monday (today is Friday).  I'm so frustrated.  I don't care about the dang money.  I just want this off of my credit report. National Credit Systems claims that they "don't do" credit report deletions at all. What can I do? I'm tempted to take this matter to small claims court although I'm not entirely sure I could prevail. Any ideas??? I really need a deletion. :(

File a complaint with the CFPB which will now allow you to attach a copy of the letter from the complex showing there is no balance.  

You could also point out to the complex that they are vicariously liable for the violations of the FCRA and FCDPA that their collection agency makes.  At the same time I would send a professionally NASTY letter to the CA stating that they are falsely reporting a debt per the letter enclosed from (apt complex) stating there is no balance.  Failure to delete the trade line and cease collection activities within 72 hour of receipt of the letter will result in a lawsuit for those violations.  Send it CMRR.

Watch how quickly they delete this.