Sign in to follow this  
samsun

midland

Guys, 

i have an acc in coll in my CR currently operated by our friends at midland

here is my deal with them

first the OC is no longer reporting the tl on my cr

second until last year this acc was operated under another company name

couple months after midland took over this account - date of major deliquency is changed to that month

dofd is 6 years ago

this CC is past it SOL and is in its 6th year with due to fall off sometime april 2015

any insight and help is appreciated here

thanks

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

ok im officially pissed off on myself for not noticing this for all these months...

ive an amex tl under coll with no OC from a jdb with dofd in 06/08

ive had an amex back in the day so i thot all these days its mine

but i just mined an old credit report from 07/08 and i find

my amex account number is not the same as these jdb reporting to all 3cras and the credit limit i had back then was 500 but the original balance/credit limit these guys reporting is 1039 and my balance back in 07/08 is 630 and account status was pays as agreed... 

somehthing illegal here???

Your first move, before you do anything, s/b to dispute the TL with any CRA who's reporting it.

If it comes back verified, then you may have FCRA violations. But without the dispute first, you can't collect on them.

Figure out, if you can, how many months they've been reporting illegally. Penalties are per CRA per month.

@samsun

I'd dispute it as "not mine".  If it comes back verified, I'd dispute the limit and the balance.  But, note that JDBs are usually allowed to add interest when they purchase an account, so that could be the reason for the increase in the balance.  However, that should not affect the credit limit.

After disputes and possible verifications with the CRAs, then dispute directly with the JDB. 

Also note that based upon the DOFD, the account will fall off your CR next year.  It's not affecting your credit score that much.  If they verify and unless you want a battle, you have to determine whether or not this is worth too much effort.

Understand that if you claim FCRA violations, you have to prove them.

i dont understand how an account in 06/08 in pays as agreed status go on to become one with dofd in -7/08???

let me be clear...

i just found an old credit report from 06/08 in my hard drive, where for this supposedly particular amex account my then last payment was in 05/08 and my account status when i pulled that report in july 4 08 was pays as agrreed

now ive a this years credit report which says for this account now under collection, the dofd was 07/08.... im like isnt dofd-dolp = 180 days??

@samsun

I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

The DOFD is the date you missed a payment that was due.   For instance, if a payment was due on 6/01/08, but was received after that date or not received at all, the DOFD would reflect 6/01/08.

The 180 day requirement is for charge offs.