Sign in to follow this  
littlebuddha2

I was served a faulty summons by Midland Funding LLC

It is probably a firm that likes default judgements. You sent an answer, they didn't want to fight, so they saved theirselves the filing fee. Hopefully it will cost them some money for their deceptive practices. ;)

• Like 1

@shellieh98

It is probably a firm that likes default judgements. You sent an answer, they didn't want to fight, so they saved theirselves the filing fee. Hopefully it will cost them some money for their deceptive practices. ;-)

Great analysis.  If they end up paying the $1000 maximum award for an FDCPA violation, they're going to wish they had coughed up the less expensive filing fee.   :ROFLMAO2:

• Like 1

Yep, they can serve us, but file "within a reasonable time". My court says 10 days, and it should be before the appear date. The official rules say this

Filing; Certificate of Service. All papers after the initial pleading required to be served upon a party, together with a certificate of service, must be filed with the court within a reasonable time after service, but disclosures under Rule C.R.C.P. 316 and discovery requests and responses shall not be filed until they are used in the proceeding or the court orders otherwise.

So I guess it is a local court rule as far as when they pay to file.