Sign in to follow this  
shellieh98

My parents opened a liquidation store

Nothing to do with this forum, but it sure is fun. They have been getting loads from joss & main, and wayfair.com. Nice, nice designer furniture. Stuff you just can't go out and buy anywhere. It sure is fun, I go down and help them a couple times a week, and can buy the item for 10% of retail. ( their cost). It's kinda like a Tuesday morning store, but their stuff is high end merchandise. Love it.

Heh. I never buy furniture without cross checking the price.

We don't get it as wholesale as your parents, but it's crazy how much the prices vary for the same item. We got a new bed and two end tables last year for under $600. Prices for same items on various websites were as high as $900 for the bed and $400 each for the tables.

I know, can't believe some of the markups. They sell all their items at 50% of retail. Even then some items I think are to high. For example office chairs...800.00? I wouldn't even pay 400.00, they list them at 200.00 which is a good price, as they are the high end chairs....but even then, you have to be in the market.

What a small world @shellieh98!!! I have been gone from the boards for years and just popped back. I read your post and there is in Grand Junction. I grew up in Western Co and we are preparing to move back. Such a wonderfully small world. I will have to stop in!

• Like 1