Midland collections and possible lawsuit

AlphaKenny

Hello All,

First time posting, but I have been reading for quite some time.  I'm looking for any advice anyone can give me on my credit situation.

I have 4 accounts in collections, all owned by Midland.  To my understanding, 2 of the 4 are past the SOL.  Here's the breakdown of the 4 original accounts and DOFD.

Chase - April 2010

Chase/Best Buy - April 2010

OneMain - March 2011

CitiBank - April 2011

Here's where it gets tricky for me.  I have been keeping an eye out on my local case information and Midland filed a summons against me 9/20/13.  Apparently they couldn't serve me and they requested dismissal w/o prejudice 2/18/14.

My main question(s) is, would that case be for one of the collection accounts or all 4?  Also, how can I tell which one it is, so I can determine if it is past the SOL?  I'm sure they will come back at some point, but I would like some advice on what my next steps could/should be.  Thank you in advance.

Have you checked your credit reports?  There will likely be tradelines from the OCs and Midland.  You should be able to track the accounts by amount and perhaps mention of the OC.

Yes I have a copy of my credit reports.  Midland's amounts are approx. the same as the OC's, so they match up.  I guess I'm just wondering if the lawsuit they filed with the courts was for all 4, or for just 1 of the accounts.  If it is for only 1, how can I tell which one it is for?  Will I have to wait for a summons?  As of right now, they dismissed the case w/o prejudice.  Most likely because they were unable to serve me in a timely manner.

If you know the case number, have a trusted friend go to the courthouse to get the summons and complaint and any evidence attached to it. That will tell you what you need to know without the worry that you will be served. These cases are accessible to the public so your friend should have no problem getting you what you want.