Entered a settlement agreement with the Plaintiff's attorney but they are still pursuing the lawsuit.

XLC-1

Believe me, I have a life and I loose no sleep over you. I just agree with the many others on all the boards that you seem to live on. For months, I held my tounge when you made comments. At my age, I have a three year old daughter that more than fills my life and I am enjoying every moment with her. As far as I am concerned this thread can be locked, it serves no more useful purpose and I do not entent to hyjack the OP's thread. You pretty much got run off the other boards except for the few comments you manage to slide in. Suggest you go back there and spar. We try and serve the public here.

Believe me, I have a life and I loose no sleep over you. I just agree with the many others on all the boards that you seem to live on. For months, I held my tounge when you made comments. At my age, I have a three year old daughter that more than fills my life and I am enjoying every moment with her. As far as I am concerned this thread can be locked, it serves no more useful purpose and I do not entent to hyjack the OP's thread. You pretty much got run off the other boards except for the few comments you manage to slide in. Suggest you go back there and spar. We try and serve the public here.

You did mean to hijack the thread that is your whole goal.  YOU berated the OP when you clearly didn't even read their post.  I was one of the few who stepped up and guided them to the realization that they signed a stipulation that the suit won't be dismissed until they make the final payment without passing judgment on him like you did.  If berating and brow beating scared consumers as you do is what you define as help then you must be a debt collector.  It does explain the arrogant attitude and the "do it my way or else" rhetoric.

Fortunately YOU do not make the rules and if you don't like the fact I post here (and I will not stop because you think I should) you are free to leave at anytime.  No one is forcing you to stay.  Quite frankly it is creepy and disturbing that your primary task seems to be following me around the internet to see what I post and keeping track of it.  

I keep forgetting that on this board and all the rest that you on that you are miss perfect! That no one else but you have all the answers and no matter what some one says about you, they are in the wrong and you are right! Really??? I realy think something is wrong with this picture. It's always the others that are wrong, not you! As mentioned before, all one has to do is visit all the other boards that your on to see how quickly the people turn against you. I really don't think that many people are wrong in this world, and that you are the one that is always right. I'm done, your a waste of my valuable time.

As others in the past on this board have suggested, move on.

As others in the past on this board have suggested, move on.

NOT going to happen.  There is NO way you will EVER tell me what to do.  EVER.

@BV80  Please lock this.  The debt collector has infiltrated the thread and derailed it for their own amusement.  Nothing is being served anymore and the OP has already been helped by the rest of us.

@TomnTex

The OP has an agreement in writing.  If it was signed after the lawsuit was filed, nothing can change until the terms are fulfilled.   As of the first post, the OP had not made all of the payments.   Once the OP makes all the payments, the plaintiff must abide by those terms.

Thanks BV, I found that out shortly after my first responce. I was just telling the OP that in most cases trying to settle won't work, or if it does, it won't be the way one would really like it settled. But then, none of us are so perfect that we can get every JDB to settle the way we would like. Thanks for your input. I am now getting nasty PM's from miss. perfect.

I was just telling the OP that in most cases trying to settle won't work, or if it does, it won't be the way one would really like it settled. But then, none of us are so perfect that we can get every JDB to settle the way we would like. Thanks for your input. I am now getting nasty PM's from miss. perfect.

It's hard to believe that such an obvious fact would compel much of an argument. I think the quality of the site used to be much better.

The time to settle (for the most part) is while it's still in the hands of the OC.

It's hard to believe that such an obvious fact would compel much of an argument. I think the quality of the site used to be much better.

The time to settle (for the most part) is while it's still in the hands of the OC.

You are correct, if one is to try and settle it should be with the OC, NOT with a JDB!

Also, sometimes it takes people several years of payments to realize they are in a bad settlement with a JDB (not saying the OP is in a bad settlement). The problem often presents itself towards the end of the final payment, when the bottom feeder now wants the interest (compiled on a separate account you were not privy to), or some of the remaining amount was sold to another bottom feeder, or they just have a different balance figure then you do. Or sometimes they just simply sue you again anyway, since you were such a good customer the first time around.

Also, sometimes it takes people several years of payments to realize they are in a bad settlement with a JDB (not saying the OP is in a bad settlement). The problem often presents itself towards the end of the final payment, when the bottom feeder now wants the interest (compiled on a separate account you were not privy to), or some of the remaining amount was sold to another bottom feeder, or they just have a different balance figure then you do. Or sometimes they just simply sue you again anyway, since you were such a good customer the first time around.

If they did that, I'd sue on grounds of a breach of contract. There'd probably be some other violations as well.

@BV80

The settlement was reached 1 day before my answer to the lawsuit was required to be filed with the court. It was signed about two weeks later by me and another week later by the Plantiff's attorney. They then sent me the signed copy.

I do agree that this thread needs to be locked at this point as it's purpose has been fulfilled. I have moved on to my original thread in order to get a Disclosure Statement prepared.

It's possible that the OP entered into a stipulated judgment or a stipulated dismissal.  If he makes the 3 payments on time, the case will be dismissed.  If he does not make the 3 payments within the allotted time, the plaintiff will win a judgment for the full balance.

• Like 1

@TomnTex

Thanks BV, I found that out shortly after my first responce. I was just telling the OP that in most cases trying to settle won't work, or if it does, it won't be the way one would really like it settled. But then, none of us are so perfect that we can get every JDB to settle the way we would like. Thanks for your input. I am now getting nasty PM's from miss. perfect.

Defendants may not like every term in a stipulated judgment or dismissal, but it's about getting the case dismissed without having to go through discovery, MSJ, trial, etc.  For some people, signing such an agreement is worth avoiding those things.

In some cases your right, but for the most part I believe those that come here don't want anything to do with a JDB and are more than willing to fight. All they need is some good info and some time and they are ready to fight. When they know that a JDB only pays pennies on the dollar for their accounts and then want them to pay the full amount they are ready to fight. Only a few throw in the towel and give up because they don't want to fight.

I must take ths opprotunity to apoligize to the OP for getting sucked into this stupid debate and being a party to hyjacking his thread. As the owner of my own large forum in my industry, I would not have put up with it, yet I allowed myself to fall for the bait as has happened on several other forums.

LOL.....Thanks Sea for the support, yes I am now being attacked like so many people on these different forums, and all by one person. I've been around this old world long enough to get over it. The bad thing is, it hurts the fourm all because one person thinks they are always right and everyone else is all wrong and again, not just on this forum but several others. I have now been accused by this person as being the owner of Inside Arm and a lot more. Funny thing is, Admin was given the website link a year or two ago, of which I happen to own. Far cry from the collection industry. I don't want to see this forum destroyed by anyone, it's done a lot of good and hopefully will continue to do so with Admin's and the mods guideance.

I no longer have debt problems or debt concerns, God has been good to me and my family. I jump on here to try and help people based on my own experience and my own opinion. So, when not working on my own forum I am on here to try and help, nothing more. Like everyone else that get's on her (unless your perfect and know it all) I make mistakes too and when BV or anyone else catches one of my errors, I acknowledge it and apologize and try to correct it. In my lifetime, I've learned that we can't possibly know it all, even if we think we do.

Let's get back to helping the people

• Like 1

I believe OP's questions have been answered. 

The OP did what he believed is best for his particular circumstances, and we should be supporting him.  He has an agreement, and if he abides by it, things should be fine.  If the JDB does not abide by the agreement, the OP will have recourse.

• Like 1