Sign in to follow this  
samsun

correcting addresses

hello people,

im in a very complicated situation and its so confusing what to do

here is my story

i opened quite a few CCs back in the day when i was living in NV 

and in spring of 08 i was living a paying guest at some friends places in Va, MO, IL for few months

the time i was in these states i think i updated the CCs my addresses to wherever i was then

but that is the time i started defaulting

most of my CCs had their dofd from 02/08 to 09/08

and i moved back to NV in fall of 08 all this time i had NV DL

but i didnt bother to update the CCs coz i wasnt able to paythen

now ive lived in NV till last fall and i moved back to MO

but i didnt change my DL its still is NV

i had new colls in 2013 

now i am in process of cleaning up my CR as the TLs started slowly dropping off

ive called TU and EQ and they removed all addresses except the ones showing current in their files,

EX deleted few and it has few too

but the issue is all 3 of them have 3 diff addresses as current address.all in NV 

i dont have any CCs or utilities or anything except by debit card

so one way i can get all these 3 report  my current address in MO as current is either send them copy of DL - but i still have NV DL

or can i update my bank or open a DCU or something. 

i have also opted out and asked USPS to forward mail from last address in NV to MO address

i am super confused 

a. how to update the addresses to CRAs / as i need to start disputing

b. can i DV any CA whom i can PFD and update with them so they update CRAs

my main concern is also although its been almost 6.5 years till dofd on most CCs would updating CRAs back to a MO address complicate the issue so any JDB will come to life.....

i appreciate any advise or help... thanks a bunch for your time

MO state law requires that you get your driver's license changed to their state within 30 days of moving there so you have that added problem as well.

The CRAs require two forms of proof of your residency one must be a photo ID such as DL or state ID card and a utlity bill, lease, bank statement, or other documentation that you have established residency in the state.  Until they have those they will not update your file as currently residing in MO.  The second problem is that any old address tied to a trade line will stay on there no matter what. 

Experian keeps EVERY address you ever lived at since turning 18 or establishing a credit file.  You have to be underhanded to get them to delete old addresses.

If the SOL expired while you were living in NV moving to MO will not revive it. 

ok gotcha, i got all my previous addies removed from TU n EQ and 50% addies off of EX already. and some of  removed addresses were tied to neg tls.

but here are my concerns

the is sol  determined by NV as i opened the accts there or MO/IL coz the dofd are from there or the CAs think i might be in MO/IL as i never updated addresses with them?

also ive few collects from 2013 i wanna dispute with CRA so to do tht now im in MO so updating the MO address will do any kinda harm like revive sol..

Where were you when the NV SOL expired?  Your time line is hard to follow.

Any collection from a year go still has plenty of time on the SOL to sue you and report.  The MO SOL will apply to those since you live in MO now.

You cannot reset the SOL by contacting a creditor or doing DV.

Where were you when the NV SOL expired?  Your time line is hard to follow.

Any collection from a year go still has plenty of time on the SOL to sue you and report.  The MO SOL will apply to those since you live in MO now.

You cannot reset the SOL by contacting a creditor or doing DV.

ok let me write clear

2004-08 NV

spring 2008 moved temporaily to MO/IL and came back to NV in summer 08  updated addresses to CCs the time i was in MO/IL but i didnt update back to NV once i came back. started defaulting in MO/IL on some cards and NV in some....dont know which cards where...

have been in NV till aug 2013 , lay low just had a debit card never contacted any CA s when NV SOL 4 years or MO 5 years which ever pertains i was in NV....

have some new collections in 2013 in NV so they are still in SOL but they are small amounts i can PFD if wosrt case scenario

moved to MO but didnt update address or DL

starting Credit repair...

removed all but whatever address CRA had as current address in TU and EQ... even ones connected to neg tls are also gone

with EX able to get half of them removed and they were connected to couple

now planning to dispute few acct with CRA and have to give mailing address which would be MO and here is where i am stuck.... thanks a lot