Sign in to follow this  
dwright19

Need help getting rid of Midland (picture)

Ok so I had this debt validated last year and am trying to figure out how to remove it from my report. I have seen other people on other forums handle them by sending ITS and claiming that just about everything they reported to the CRAs is in violation. Below is a screen shot of the TL.

Screenshot_2014_07_17_08_14_52.png

They claimed it worked to point out that the way it was reported was a violation of section 807 & 808 i.e. listing the terms as 1 month so that Experian keeps adding KD every month until it drops off is a violation I have no contract with MCM to pay this on a 1 month term and by them reporting it this way was to cause as much damage as possible, or how its listed as an open account on two of the CRA when I have no contract or agreement and this type of account could not be an open account like it is with a credit card.

Anyways is there any truth behind this? Could I push hard to get this removed based on the way they reported it? If not what are my other options?

Oh and this debt is now past the SOL for Texas. The original FTP was reported by the OC on billing statement as 8/2009

Thanks

There are many techniques that work with some CAs, but Midland isn't one of them.  They are usually one of the worst to work with and they are sue happy.

Maybe someone who has Midland experience will chime in for some help.

@dwright19

KD means "key derogatory" which applies to an account that is 180+ late.  They're not reporting incorrectly if the account is delinquent by 180 days or more.

I would dispute the "account status" in the 3rd box (Transunion?), though.  I seriously doubt that it's an open account that you can still use.