Sign in to follow this  
Helena

Cavalry Reporting False Amount

Quick back story: I was paying off OC when they sold to Cavalry. Cavalry tacked on thousands of dollars and took me to court. It was dismissed as they didn't have evidence. The balance was $9,000 when they took me to court. Original amount was $4000 to OC. Rip off number one.

Now they are reporting $37,000 to my credit report! What?

I wrote to all 3 credit bureaus, with copies of court reports, letter, etc., and Experian just emailed and said it will remain.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I get this off my report? Please don't suggest settling, as no way am I bargaining with them on this ridiculous amount.

Thanks for any help from those with experience dealing with these charlatans and their false reporting.

Hi,

Calvary is notorious for hiking the original debt. I would suggest you request an itemize statement of all charges which is required by law if they are allegedly collecting a debt and you might want to see if you can find an attorney who deals with suing scammers like them.

• Like 1

Here's the problem though. I was told that any communication with them could set the clock back for dropping off credit report.

Funny, I was just researching that. You're right. Sadly, I am so scared, with all the illegal ways they've messed with me: sewer service, etc., I feel frozen.

Yeah...fear is one of their most potent weapons.  Just remember...you're not alone...we've all been thru this stuff ourselves.  We'll halp if we can.

• Like 3

Thanks! You guys are amazing.

I sent a letter to Experian asking them one more time, to remove Cavalry Portfolio from my report. I stated that Calvary did not bring evidence to court, they will not provide me with any details of correct statements, contracts or agreements, charges and fees and balances, (which they won't because they can't) and stated the Fair debt collection act violation code of reporting incorrect amounts, and that I am entitled my rights as a debtor.

If this doesn't work, I guess I will have to contact a lawyer, but it seems ridiculous, no, illegal, that jdb can just report whatever amount they want, even though they have no proof of what they're trying to collect. Ack.

• Like 1

Experian really tough about getting things taken off of a credit report I had to fight them back and forth just to remove an account that did not belong to me and it took a while before they took it off while TU and EQ did their job. This site helped me a lot with debt validiation and clearing up wrong information on my report just keep researching what you need to it's scary but there are a lot of helpful people on here as well. Keep foraging ahead and eventually it will come off good luck

• Like 1