Received letter directly from CRA that hard inquiry was made fraudulently by someone

So, both myself and DH received a notice directly from the CRA (one of the "E" ones), in the mail, on the same exact day. The letter stated that someone deceptively tried to pull mine & DH CRs from this CRA.

The letters didn't state WHO tried to pull each of our CRs. Is there a way I could make the CRA tell me who this was that tried to deceptively perform hard inquiries?

I need to know, because I think I know who tried to tried to do the hard inquiries. We have some landlord(s) who have done gone full out NUTS & bananas. :wacko: When we signed up for the rental, we though we had the one landlord, he passed. There are several siblings running it now. They are violating many landlord/tenant privacy laws & etc... we are trying to get out of here ASAP! We have an offer on a home to purchase.  Anyways, don't want to go into great detail, but I think it was one or all of them that tried to hard pull our CRs, because one seems OVERLY obsessed with trying to find who we are getting our mortgage through.... to the point of coming over and screaming and nitpicking at us about that and other irrelevant things. Who it is that is going to provide our mortgage loan on the home is none of any of their business. I think he is trying to blacklist us or something!?!?!?

I know that the landlord/tenant stuff is off topic, but if it was them who pulled our CRs, how do I find that out, and how do I get them on it? They have no right, I want to nail them for everything its worth if it was them, because I've had enough; they've took it way too far. If the landlords tried to pull our credit now (3yrs+/- into renting), what can I get them on? Violation of the FCRA? Landlord/tenant laws (Federal/KS)? Fraud? Is there some law against trying to get someone's mortgage info and trying to maliciously trying to keep that person from obtaining a home loan? I need whatever info you all can help out with. I've been very patient and forgiving, but this guy is taking things way to far. I need to add in a little offense to make all my defense on this jerk be effective. I don't know what else to do?!

Thank you for any helpful info! ::drowning::

The letters didn't state WHO tried to pull each of our CRs. Is there a way I could make the CRA tell me who this was that tried to deceptively perform hard inquiries?

By filing a lawsuit against the entity that did the pull and getting a subpoena for the information from the CRA.

I know that the landlord/tenant stuff is off topic, but if it was them who pulled our CRs, how do I find that out, and how do I get them on it? They have no right, I want to nail them for everything its worth if it was them, because I've had enough; they've took it way too far. If the landlords tried to pull our credit now (3yrs+/- into renting), what can I get them on? Violation of the FCRA? Landlord/tenant laws (Federal/KS)? Fraud? 

It isn't fraud because they did not apply for credit using your ID they tried to PULL your credit but failed.  The key word is "tried" to pull the credit.  The second problem is as your landlord they have a permissible purpose to do an account review and do a soft pull on your credit even if it is 3+ years into the tenancy.  It isn't a FCRA violation because they are not reporting false information.  

Is there some law against trying to get someone's mortgage info and trying to maliciously trying to keep that person from obtaining a home loan? I need whatever info you all can help out with. I've been very patient and forgiving, but this guy is taking things way to far. I need to add in a little offense to make all my defense on this jerk be effective. I don't know what else to do?!

There is no law specific to trying to get someone's mortgage information.  However, there are laws against slander and defamation but so far it isn't even clear they tried to do that and while you SUSPECT it is the LL it could also have been a scammer looking to defraud you of money for other purposes.

The courts do not give compensation for what "might have happened" in civil cases only for what did.  I would file an ID theft report (FACTA), freeze all 3 credit reports, notify my mortgage broker, and send a terse letter to the LL CMRR stating that "someone" attempted to commit fraud with the CRs and if it can be proven they were involved legal action may result.  That might scare the nuts enough to settle down until you leave.