maddie6

Making court-ordered payments to collection agency; they transferred my account to another collection agency with no notification to me

Hi,

I fell behind in court ordered payments to a collection agency.

I called this collection agency to see if I could pay all I owe them now at this point in time to bring the account current, only to find that since the last time I had paid this collection agency, they had transferred my account to another collection agency! I have not received any notification that this transfer had taken place. I have not received any late notices on payments, nothing regarding this matter from this current collection agency holding this debt. This has been since 10 months ago.

What do I do now? What can I do at this point in time?

I  might call the court to see if the first one is still listed as the payee.  Was this a judgment against you??  And then I would call the new CA because they might be racking up  alot of interest .  It's hard to say without more info.  But better to find out than maybe owe alot more than you thought.