Charged-Off account removal, help please.

IdoNeedHelp

Hello,

I want to remove the negative accounts from my Credit Report(CR). For my CR, please check attachment. There are 6 Charged Off credit card

accounts. Two of them were sold to CA;they are BoA and CapitalOne. All the information on the 3 CRs matches each other.

I already disputed all 6  accounts (3 credit bureau agencies) one month ago with a reason "this account is not mine" but all came back

with a "account verified" response.

After I got the response, I called BoA and CapitalOne asking for account information but they referred me to the CA and refuse to provide

any additional infomation other than the telephone number of CA.

I haven't done anything yet to the other 4 CC.

I don't know what to do now. What should I go from here?

Thanks.

CR.pdf

What legal basis do you believe these should be removed for?  While in CA they can no longer sue you to collect that does not prohibit them from continuing to report until the end of the 7 year reporting period.  You have almost $60,000 in debt.  BK when you defaulted would have been a better option.  I see no legal basis to force removal of accurately reported trade lines.  Disputing as "not mine" when you know the accounts are yours is absolutely pointless.  All they do is validate as you discovered.

• Like 1

What legal basis do you believe these should be removed for?  While in CA they can no longer sue you to collect that does not prohibit them from continuing to report until the end of the 7 year reporting period.  You have almost $60,000 in debt.  BK when you defaulted would have been a better option.  I see no legal basis to force removal of accurately reported trade lines.  Disputing as "not mine" when you know the accounts are yours is absolutely pointless.  All they do is validate as you discovered.

I want to buy a new car but with these stay on my CR, loan is not gonna happen. There is no need to file BK now.

I want to buy a new car but with these stay on my CR, loan is not gonna happen. There is no need to file BK now.

I realize there is no need for BK now that they cannot sue you.  Unfortunately simply wanting the trade lines off your credit report is not enough to undo the past.  The chances of getting enough or all of those trade lines off to get a decent loan are slim to none.  The only thing you can do at this point is either wait on the purchase or get a subprime loan.  

I don't mean to beat up on you and forvie me for being blunt but if you can afford to pay a car payment you can afford to save up for a short period of time and buy a vehicle that will meed your basic transportation needs. Getting a car loan (going into debt) is not the answer even if you were able to get all these negative trade lines removed or found lender that woudl loan you the money for a car (probably at a ridiculous interest rate).

I know that's not what you want to hear (read) but I think it's the info you most need.

I wish you well.

Actually, you need to look at each tradeline.  Are there inaccuracies in the tradeline?  ie: reports a 30 day late when you can prove that you weren't late, DOLA incorrect, balance at CO incorrect, DOFD incorrect?  These are the things you dispute. 

*IF* the OC cannot prove that it is accurate (maybe they lost the data...), they must delete the TL.  This is usually how you get it deleted.

For some, a PFD works.....but that can be tough on a CO because you most likely would have to pay the full amount AND have a cooperative OC.

Fact is that some folks here are fans of Dave Ramsey who teaches that you should never finance anything....and got rich doing that...

Others are from the school of thought that "if you owe it pay it, its your moral duty" school of thought....

Others seem to have an issue that you can get bad credit deleted through "loopholes" in the law....

I am of the school of thought.....if I can remove derogatory information legally then by golly, that is what I am going to do!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...