ProCollect not bonded in Texas? Could this be true?

Momof3rnq

Hi all,

I am a resident of Texas and have two fairly large apartment collections on my credit. I went online to the website listed on another thread and when entering Procollect it looks like they were cancelled in 2004. Am I reading this right? If so I can find them in violation of the Texas Debt collection laws correct? Thank you!

NEVERMIND. FOUND IT SPELLED A LITTLE DIFFERENT. DANG IT.

If so I can find them in violation of the Texas Debt collection laws correct? Thank you!

Even if they were no longer bonded unless you work for the Texas licensing board you personally cannot find them in violation of anything.  That is between them and the state.  Since courts are divided on whether reporting a trade line is collection activity (they have a legal right to under Federal law which state law cannot trump) they may still be able to report the collections even if they can't dun you in Texas.

However, it appears based on your update they are bonded so the point is moot.  Good luck as apartment collections are one of the hardest to remove.