Misspelled address on court documents (but I'm still receiving them)

I'm being sued by Asset Acceptance in Indiana. The court documents all have the street name of my address spelled wrong. I'm still getting the documents but the letters are switched. Is that something that could get the case dismissed? (I know they'd re-file with correct address but it would restart the process, right?) If so, how would I go about doing that?

I know it's a long shot but if I could get some more time, that would be awesome. And maybe I would get some negotiating leverage in the meantime.

I'm being sued by Asset Acceptance in Indiana. The court documents all have the street name of my address spelled wrong. I'm still getting the documents but the letters are switched. Is that something that could get the case dismissed? (I know they'd re-file with correct address but it would restart the process, right?) If so, how would I go about doing that?

I know it's a long shot but if I could get some more time, that would be awesome. And maybe I would get some negotiating leverage in the meantime.

NO.  Clerical errors are corrected by amending the documents not a dismissal.  Evil Knevil could not make that leap.  You need to answer the suit and prepare to fight.  The mis-spelling is a non-starter for dismissal or leverage.

• Like 1

NO.  Clerical errors are corrected by amending the documents not a dismissal.  Evil Knevil could not make that leap.  You need to answer the suit and prepare to fight.  The mis-spelling is a non-starter for dismissal or leverage.

I thought so, haha, but figured I'd ask anyway. Thanks for answering!

I've already answered the lawsuit, was just hoping for something to stall and get some more time to prepare the next steps. They've already sent me discovery and interrogatory papers (got them Saturday) so I have a month to figure out how to answer and send them mine.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to lose so I'm probably going to try to get a settlement offer out there and a payment plan.

Not necessarily. You should challenge their standing to sue. Start reading in. Rules of civil procedure. Look up threads by other in. Posters and get an idea of what they did. If you go to the members forum, filter out everyone but your state and set the min. Post count to 25, it should bring up some threads for you to review.