loan help suggestions

smsl06

Last time I was in school was 2006.  Three years later I was laid off from a job of 11 years & haven't found the paycheck I used to have until just recently.  My school loan wants $600/mo from me & there's no way I'm going to be able to just fork that over, since 2009 every job I've had has been a temp job with 2 jobs being the longest of 1 year plus.  Since the layoff in 2009 I've racked up some hospital bills & almost lost my leg as a result.  My car of 10 years dropped & so I had to get another one, just when I thought I was out of debt I'm back in debt.  Suggestions???  My school loan calls me daily & now I have this "Notice of Asset Analysis" letter.  Is there anyone I could talk to?

NOTICE OF ASSET ANALYSIS

Your private education loan(s) is critically past due.  We're sending you this letter to explain the consequences you could face if you do not make an acceptable payment arrangement and allow your loan(s) to default.

Defaulting on your education loan(s) means:

Depending on your consumer report and other information, we may decide to do one of three things:
-Continue to collect the account ourselves
-Refer the account to a debt collection agency
-Refer your account to an attorney for additional collection efforts.

Your charge off will be reported to the consumer reporting agencies and will remain on your report for up to seven years.

Your cooperation will influence our decision as to what step we take next, and you may have options available that can work within your financial situation.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are Refiance options for School Loans.  You can go to studentloans.gov and get a refi that will be based on you income.  It may drag out the repayment but it is a good way to go.  I just did it and took my liability from about $720.00 a month to $250 a month on my loans.  I also got a lower interest rate.  It took me about 30 minutes to fill out the paperwork and 60 days for them to process the loan.

There are some companies that try to charge for student loan refi.  All they do is get power of attourney from you and fill out the paperwork (which is easy and only takes about 30 minutes) for your behalf.

If you have any questions or problem PM me and I will see if I can help.  I was on the Student Loan rollercoaster for a long time and I learned alot about them as a result.