Seanthetechguru

Midland Funding LLC is sueing my wife

My wife received a Civil Summons and we have 20 days to respond with a written defense and file it with the Clerks office or they will get default judgment. The exhibit they gave is a Capitol One Credit card Statement showing a balance of $1095.86. We offered to pay Credit One $27.00 per month until we could pay more. Can we make Midland Funding the same offer, before we write the defense and what do we write as the defense?

Your defense (Answer to summons) is based on what they sued you for. 

You can offer to make payments to Midland Funding. They probably would be willing to do that.

OR, you can file a Motion To Dismiss without filing an answer. This strategy often works. If you are willing to do your homework your chances of winning are pretty good. Both the debt collector and the judge know that you have a better than average chance to win, but they won't tell you that.

I just defeated Midland Funding in court two days ago. I posted my documents on the forum. Hope it will help you.

• Like 1

Why pay a JDB that paid pennies on the dollar for your account? Get on here and read and research and you can learn how to fight them. You need to answer that summons within the twenty days or they will get a default on you....bad news then. I would not pay them a dime, fight, win.