BeJebus

This may be a stupid question about CA BOPs...

I downloaded the well referenced "Seadragon copy of Calawyers famous Bill of Particulars", but I'm wondering if that's all there is to it.

It's just a page. Do I just fill in my name/plaintiff/case no/ and that's it?

Or is there more to include specific to my case?

For example, do I leave this passage as is with the brackets: "cause of action for [goods sold and delivered] [money had and received] [money lent or paid] [quantum meruit]" or pick one?

Will my bill of particulars need more research or will a basic copy of this with the party names included suffice?

You put it on pleading paper, and where the brackets are you would put in what they sued you for. So if your complaint said breach of contract, put that there, money had money lent, put it there. You can take out the brackets, that is just to show you what to put in there.

• Like 1

Take out the brackets and replace what is specific to your case.  and use coma's. Anything in italics should be straight, not slanted. Then fill in the areas that pertain to your case   exactly how you are being named  as it reads on your complaint at the upper left such as XYZ vs.ABC. Read your complaint carefully on what they are exactly suing you for. Is it account stated, breach of contract, etc? you need to tailor the BOP  to your case. In reference to the paragraphs when writing up any discovery, you generally refer to the JDB as a plaintiff and you as the defendant when making references.

• Like 1

Does this look okay?

DEMAND IS HEREBY MADE UPON YOU, pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure section 454, to furnish to Defendant BeJebus, within 10 days, a Bill of Particulars setting forth all items and details of the account on which the causes of action for Breach of Contract and Common Counts of Plaintiff’s complaint is based, including the date of each transaction, a description of the services, materials or goods supplied or other considerations rendered, the price or charge made for each item, and all payments or credits that have been made to the account.

BeJebus, Date

I added a bit at the end requesting a copy of the original agreement and bill of sale. Is this okay? Also, the original complaint was verified - does that mean I have to attach some sort of verification to this BOP?

DEMAND IS HEREBY MADE UPON YOU, pursuant to California Code of Civil Procedure section 454, to furnish to Defendant BeJebus, within 10 days, a Bill of Particulars setting forth all items and details of the account on which the causes of action for Breach of Contract and Common Counts of Plaintiff’s complaint is based, including the date of each transaction, a description of the services, materials or goods supplied or other considerations rendered, the price or charge made for each item, all payments or credits that have been made to the account, a copy of the agreement between original creditor and Defendant, and a copy of the bill of sale transferring original creditor’s interest in said agreement to Plaintiff.

You do not need to verify the demand.  If the complaint is verified, the response must be verified too.

No stupid questions here in the CIC ;)

Except, of course, for "Should I settle with <insert JDB name>?"  :ROFLMAO2:

• Like 1