Counterclaim AFTER answer filled?

Simply wondering if I can file a counterclaim AFTER I've submitted my answer?  My marshall service date has passed also.  If I cannot file the counterclaim now, would it be possible to file my own lawsuit after a judgement has been made?  I think I have some FDCPA ammo, but I'm just now discovering it.  Would love to make them pay me for the trouble.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

@debtzapper Misrepresentation of debt or seeking unjust amounts. Essentially, I settled with this company (and the same lawfirm) already, but had trouble locating paperwork during my answer period because of a home break-in. Found the papers yesterday, and was considering sueing them for all this trouble.

There are many consumer lawyers in GA.  I would gather up your paperwork and run it by a lawyer.  www.naca.net or google "Georgia FDCPA lawyer."  If you have solid claim, they will take it on contingency and you will get statutory damages.  They would most likely file in federal court, if they couldn't settle it.

• Like 2