Confused about score

So I finally succeeded in getting the BoA account that wasn't mine off of my credit reports. I was expecting that my score would go up as it was the only delinquent account ever listed on my report but my score went DOWN about 25 points. I'm trying to figure out why this could be. It didn't change the length of my credit history or anything like that. Any ideas?

Which score? Actual FICO or one of the FAKO's? Even if it is FICO, remember the score we're allowed to see is the FICO Consumer Score which is closest to the FICO Bank Card Score (the "sucker score"). This predicts who the CC companies will make money on.

Getting the bogus BofA removed probably dropped your appeal to the CC companies...

• 2 weeks later...