LOST IN LA LA LAND

TomnTex

Hey BV. Did just that tonight, went to a luau tonight at the Polynesian Cult. Ctr, saw all the six villages, road the canoe, and a lot more today. Had a lot of fun. Got another luau Thur. night, tomorrow the AZ memorial. Sunday went to the third largest mall in America and to a flea market with over four hundred vendors. I know you would have like that one lol. While there, met and shook hands with one of the stars from the new Hawai'i 5 0.

All in all we have been busy the last few days with almost a month to go. Hopefully will also find a house while here to. Keep em straight......lol.

LOL.....No grass skirt, but I did try the hula with my daughter. It was fun. Went to the Arizona Memorial today. I was last there fifty years ago. Myself and a navy vet went into the memorial wall and did a private salute to those that had fallen to pay our respects. You need to take some time off and come visit the islands. Have you ever been here?

• Like 1

Oh it was funny....LOL. So far it's been a great trip. Seeing all the things that I remember from years ago and seeing new things. Went to a big luau the other day and going to another tomorrow night. I may weigh a hundred lbs than when I got here.....LOL.

The part of Waikiki Beach that our hotel is on is not that crowed so the beach is pretty quite most of the time. I've taken some pretty nice sunset pix. When I get home PM me your email address and I will send you a few pix of the Arizona Memorial. That will be towards the last of the month or first of next month. Not sure when we will leave here....having to much fun. Wife wants to move here, so we are house hunting since we are just now selling our house in Texas. That will leave us one house to have to fool with.

Daughter just loves the beach and getting into the warm water to play. She and I will enjoy our birthdays here together before leaving. Hope everyone else on the board are having a good time where ever they are and that the stress of debt is off them.

Hey BV,

Still sitting here in the sand and surf. Thus far we have done many of the sights and been around the island of Oahu three times, you can only go so far on an island that is 30 x 40 miles....lol. Thought I saw my self on the road a few times it's that small. You need to come over if you ever get the chance, think you will like it. We did the Royal Palace and Diamond Head today.

• Like 1

Thanks BV, sure making up for when I used to live here. So many changes have taken place, hard to recognize a lot of things. The traffic here is as bad if not worse than L.A. twice a day. We have been doing a bit of house hunting. Prices start at half a million on up for something half way decent. Totally unbelievable. So, we will see since we have just sold one of our homes, may be something to do.

Jumped on the board a few times when I had time, looks pretty quite. Guess you have it all under control......lol.

What island are you going to move to?  I have been to Maui and Oahu - I like Maui better.  I ran the Honolulu marathon a few years back and we got married on the island of Maui on the beach 18 years ago.  I love it there but I think I would get a bit claustrophobic being on an island all the time.  Sounds like you are having a great time!!!

Were on Oahu, but I agree with you, this island is to expensive. I keep hearing that the BI is the better one to live on. Not as crowded, and real estate is cheaper. Will have to check it out on another trip. I was there one, don't remember two much about it. Hope you all are doing well.

Yes, time does fly when your having fun....lol. It was fifty years since I last lived here and as I wander around, it seems only like yesterday at times. We are planning on coming back before long to check out the BI. I hear that it's a better choice to live on. Hopefully, we will find a home in the near future that will suit us.

So you like Maui, have you had a chance to check out any of the other islands?

• 1 month later...

Hey BV, hope your good, as mentioned in that other thread, made it home and just starting to settle in after getting back. After almost a month there it now seems like a dream, but we had a lot of fun. Rented a car and drove around the island three times while there, went to two luaus and saw all the beaches. If you ever go, make sure you go to the Polynesian Village, it represents six different Fijian, and Samoan villages. Plus a luau and a nice show at the end. It can take about all day to see it, located on more than 46 acres of land.

We are planning on going back next year after we hit the national parks here in our RV as we normally do every year. But, this time we will go to the BI and look for a place to live part of the year. Probably winter....LOL. If you can, you really need to go see it, I think you will have a great time and not want to leave. Lionhunter thinks I should try Maui pit while I am there too. May have to do that.

I live in a small town and our church is half a block away. While in our hotel on Waikiki my wife went down stairs one morning and ran into about ten people in one family from our church and town in the lobby. How crazy is that? three thousand miles away from home and you run into people from your own church. Must have been keeping an eye on us....LOL  Anyway, I think you will enjoy the trip when you make it.

• Like 1

@TomnTex

We're hoping to make that trip one day.  :-)  Right now, we have to concentrate on work in order to hopefully be able to retire at some point in the future. 

Years ago, I said that my dream was to retire on an island, open a Tiki bar, and wear nothing but coconut shells and grass skirts.  :ROFLMAO2:   It's still my dream, but at my age, the visual is a little bit scary.  :shock:

• Like 1

Yeah, things have changed in the fifty years since I was there last. You are right that the sun sets on Waikiki are legendary. Every evening I would go out and take pix of it, but then so did thousands of people. I bet there are a billion sun set shots a year there from what I was seeing. Where I was on the beach it was not as crowded, but the Hilton next door was always jammed.

It was great going back, spent just shy of a month there, but plan on the BI next year, maybe a place to live part of the year so that we can still come back to our home here and do some road travel as well. Hopefully, you will get to go back too.

Years ago, I said that my dream was to retire on an island, open a Tiki bar, and wear nothing but coconut shells and grass skirts.  :ROFLMAO2:   It's still my dream, but at my age, the visual is a little bit scary.  :shock:

LOL....Just saw this BV. That reminds me back when I was young and first there. The new almost see through string bikini's were just coming into vogue. I was not even twenty at the time and women in their late fifties and sixties were wearing these black see through bikini's and it was scary.....LOL. It was something that would have looked great on a twenty year old female, but for the older generation at that time to be wearing them......... Anyway, told my wife about it and she just laughed. Now they are wearing even less, such as dental floss. Things have certainly changed there. Do make sure to go and visit, even for a few days.

TomTex look for houses that set a mile or so away from the beach.....Had a Lt.Commander (USNR) Uncle who did 2 accompanied tours their back in the 70's-80's. He always said that anything within a mile of the beaches was 5x higher than a litte further in.

Me I'm looking for a nice sunny, deserted beach and NO grass skirt.....and NO mirrors around, a few pretty naked brown girls would be OK though...LOL Man can not live on Sun and Air alone!

• Like 1