bank still posting delinquencies on credit report for discharged debt, help

businessunder

My chapter 7 discharge was completed 7 years ago. I moved out of country and recently returned to find years of delinquencies from a discharged debt on my credit report, so I my credit is shot! How do I get this off my credit so I can build up my credit again? I can't even get a credit card or a place to live. This is the only negative mark on my credit but it is hurting me severely. 

I already did that and  they refused to remove the delinquency and continue to post them. the credit agencies are telling me that they can't do anything about it. I did sent the discharge to them as well. The debt was a business loan that I personally signed for and it was discharged in 2008. This feels like harassment. I can't rebuild my credit in the US, I can't rent or mortgage a place to live even though my credit score has returned to the 700s, lenders won't touch me with this my credit. 

I feel like this is going to take a good attorney but don't know where to start. I want it cleaned up on my credit. Any advice on where to go with this next? 

I didn't know that. thanks

Is it common for aggressive collectors to violate FCRA? If they do what can be done? Is there a process to file a protest? I'm really a newby at this stuff. I had an 800 FICA score when I was forced into Chapter 7 because my construction business went under with the economy crash. this is my first experience with bad credit.