Jojool

Debt Validation Letter template?

Quick question - I had a great Debt Validation letter template, on my old computer which has since died and nothing was saved...  I've looked all over the forums, forms, etc. and can't for the life of me find it.

It included a paragraph about statute of limitations as well.

Help??

Thanks!

@Jojool

Date

Your Name

Address

Collection Agency

Address

RE:  CA's account #

To whom it may concern:

I dispute the referenced account and request validation.

Jojool

I always included a copy of the debt collection collection letter with my DV letters.

• Like 1

@skihaus

With all due respect, debt collectors are not required to provide what was requested in your letter.  Also, they do not have to respond to a DV request within 30 days.  Once they provide validation, they do not have to cease collection efforts while the consumer takes 30 days to investigate the provided information. 

• Like 1

Yes, your letter is way overboard and a lot of stuff in it that makes you look like an armature. Go with the one that BV has, it's shorter to the point and they already know the law and what is needed. Forget a lot of these templates, even some that we have on here need to be replaced or redone.

@BV80 @TomnTex

I found this template on this site. So should I not be using it and should be something as simple as above? The couple of times I used it, it worked the OC went away. This last go around that @TomnTex has commented on as well it failed me. Apparently they verified by obtaining an affidavit.