I have an old Wells Fargo Financial credit card account that recently went into collections.  The balance is shy of $6,000.  My last payment was made more than four years ago.

Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of a Card Member Agreement from 2010?  The current agreement, revised in 2014, says it's governed by the State of South Dakota.  I'm hoping the older agreement is govered by a state with a shorter statute of limitations.

Because my last payment was made in 2010, I'm assuming I can argue the agreement from 2010 would apply.

I've checked the database at consumerfinance.gov with no luck.  These seem to be current agreements.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you.

Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of a Card Member Agreement from 2010?  The current agreement, revised in 2014, says it's governed by the State of South Dakota.  I'm hoping the older agreement is govered by a state with a shorter statute of limitations.

Hope springs eternal but no.  Their cards were always governed by SD and to add to your misery you are a resident of the state of SD and I do not believe they have a borrowing statute even if an earlier card agreement did have a shorter SOL.

They can sue you until 2016 for this so there is still significant time on that SOL clock on this debt.