Sign in to follow this  
My~Cuz~n~Vinny~

Case Closed?

If one wants to petition the court on a closed matter, ( credit card judgement ), does the defendant legally have to notify the plaintiff's law firm when petitioning the court on any matter relating to the closed and disposed case?

The Law firm no longer works for the plaintiff, since the case is closed older than a year now .

So, if the prior defendant happens to get the closed case in front of a judge, and wins his/her petition , does  the prior defendant have to notify the prior law firm hired by the plaintiff?...

I might have a real shot at getting my judgement vacated because of a forgery by a plaintiffs witness, newly discovered.

Yes, you have to notify the plaintiff and their law firm.  They will sort it out between the two of them if further representation is needed for the issue.

I might have a real shot at getting my judgement vacated because of a forgery by a plaintiffs witness, newly discovered.

Do NOT get your hopes up on this one.  The odds are much higher that the court will rule you should have challenged that witness at the time of trial.  There is a short time to appeal and once it is closed then it is over.   This is a long shot at best.

• Like 1