Transfer of Foreign Judgment - Debt Settlement

meherbani

Hello!

I posted on the post judgment forum today and my fears were pretty much confirmed about not being able to vacate the judgment.  (My husband was served for me in Sept 2008. I ended up moving to CO for a job in November of 2008 and was unable to attend the hearing.  I did file a motion to dismiss due to not being in the state, but that was denied by the Minnesota court.)    It is going to be transferred from Minnesota to Oregon...most likely.  The law firm has yet to file with the court, but will do so on or before November 20, 2014.  

Any advice on how to settle this debt?  It is a CITIBANK debt.  The original Judgment was for $5,322.83, the Plaintiff now wants $6,439.31.  The notice was sent to me by a law firm, Suttle & Hammer, out of WA state.

Any advice is appreciated.  

Thank you!

MA