Hello everyone!!

About a day before I was going to file my Writ of Execution against CACH, I got a knock at my door from the UPS guy. It was from Mandarich. My heart sank. After reluctantly opening the envelope, I saw my check. Hooray! 

I guess my collection tactics are over! Off to file my satisfaction! I am so thankful for everyone here on CIC!

Thanks again!!

~PD

• Like 2

Winner-Winner!

Chicken Dinner?

Will they need to send you a 1099?

The entire amount is "taxable earnings", right?

Or, will this go under, "winnings" at tax time?

Nah, you ___SO TOTALLY___ earned this one!

Congratulations!

Thanks-- I cashed the check just in case they wanted to send me a 1099! Ha!

Congrats!!  

(I was paranoid enough to cash check at JDB bank instead of depositing the check in my own account)

• Like 1

Awesome!

Since I am outlaying an average of $240.00 in fuel + $120.00 in rental vehicle, per month, to have my paperwork and filings and consults face-to-face with local attorneys taken care of by my interpreter and emotional support, (I failed first grade six times and have this typing and all else done by proxy for me), do you suppose I will get those expenses reimbursed, too, or, just the $181.00 initial filing fee, plus, USPS postage receipts at $5.90 each?

@shellieh98

@HelpingGreg nope this is his reimbursement for his costs, no 1099, not taxable

I don't think you can get the rental vehicle and fuel costs back but you will get the filing fees and postage back. Also, if you paid any moneys to an attorney, you can get that back too.

Thank you for replying to my query.

You know, I am very perplexed by the photocopies of alleged credit card bank statements showing payments far after I remember paying.

For example, I distinctly remember going from work to the bank to make my customary $200.00 monthly credit card payment and being turned away at the counter as not being a customer, (though I still have savings & checking to this day there), and I know with certainty that the workplace I went from that day ended several years prior to the date the photocopied statements allege I was still paying.

What do you make of the statements showing payments long after I stopped paying?

I don't think you can get the rental vehicle and fuel costs back but you will get the filing fees and postage back. Also, if you paid any moneys to an attorney, you can get that back too.

Sadly the judge will take their statements over your memory. Your eed to pull your bank records for those months and see if it shows the payment going out to them.

I will ask what the cost is to order the statement copy on the checking account from back then.

I am also going to see how far back online banking will let me look, (for free).

Thank you, Shellie!

Warmly,

Sadly the judge will take their statements over your memory. Your eed to pull your bank records for those months and see if it shows the payment going out to them.

Awesome!

Since I am outlaying an average of $240.00 in fuel + $120.00 in rental vehicle, per month, to have my paperwork and filings and consults face-to-face with local attorneys taken care of by my interpreter and emotional support, (I failed first grade six times and have this typing and all else done by proxy for me), do you suppose I will get those expenses reimbursed, too, or, just the $181.00 initial filing fee, plus, USPS postage receipts at $5.90 each?

@shellieh98

I would try, it wouldn't hurt. look at mc-10 , mc-11 or mc-12 (state court forms) if the other side does not object then you just added those cost. if they object a date is set and let the judge say no.

A big thank you to everyone for your kind words! 

@HelpingGreg -- The statements are forged. They won't, however, enter purchases into the statements but manage to insert payments that you don't remember paying. In my case, it wasn't even my account. I called the bank and they verified there was no actual charge-off. Go figure. Just shows what crooks and liars CACH and Mandarich are. Best of luck to you!