Need help with "notice of continuance"

dasht

I received a mail from the lawyer. It is a "Notice of Continuance". I have never been served. It says "Please take a notice ........lawyer will continue return date...... . Failure may result in the entry of default judgment against you.

So I don't know what to do. Please help. It has been more than 6 years for this credit card since last payment made. I think SOL is expired.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Can you see your case number on the notice?

Can you access your courthouse online, enter the case number, and see what's what there?

Have you reached out to NACA for a referral to a local consumer law attorney?

Do you have an appointment scheduled for a FREE initial consultation with an expert consumer law attorney?

I am in California, but I believe Shellie is the name of the Colorado-listed messages I've studied here.

Maybe go to the directory of members and scroll to find her, then, send a message her way?

Like everyone else here, I know that stunned feeling. But, like everyone else here, I also know the warm, welcoming, experienced, proven-winners caliber of support & technical guidance afforded, for free, to each of us putting in the work to get our case (s) to victory, too! Soon enough, you, too, will feel confident that your case _can_ be won, and that you _are_ capable of taking the steps through the process, with-or-without an attorney.

For now, breathe and seek out Shellie, is my best advice.

Warmly,

I received a mail from the lawyer. It is a "Notice of Continuance". I have never been served. It says "Please take a notice ........lawyer will continue return date...... . Failure may result in the entry of default judgment against you.

So I don't know what to do. Please help. It has been more than 6 years for this credit card since last payment made. I think SOL is expired.

While you may not have been served you need to find out if they used what is known as "sewer service"  where they claim they served you at an unknown address or somewhere you haven't lived in a decade or more.  

Go to www.naca.net and find a consumer attorney.  If the SOL really is expired they will take the FDCPA case for free and file a counter claim against them and the Plaintiff should be paying you and your lawyer.

First I would go to the court house and see if anything has been filed against you, and if so when the answer was due by. If it is past the time you have to answer or if there is a default already against you, there is things you can do. ( find out first, then we will deal with it)

You have to know when they filed, and your exact date of your last payment. You can find that out by your credit report and go to your bank and pull the 2 months records after your payment to see if any more were made. Sol is 6 years and 1 month....if they filed before that, they can probably get away with it.

Find out the above info, then come back. Don't panic.