Sign in to follow this  
seekinghelp4me

Need help fighting CACH LLC. / Joe Pezzuto Arizona

I am being sued for a debt that was sold by capital one to cach llc with a c/o law office of joe pezzuto. I am in need of help with fighting this. I can not afford this. I already filed a answer to the complaint and summons. I just recently received plaintiff's disclosure statement and requests for admission of fact and non-uniform interrogatories. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. 

1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? CACH LLC C/O Law Office of Joe Pezzuto, LLC

2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? Law Office of Joe Pezzuto, LLC

3. How much are you being sued for? $5500

4. Who is the original creditor? Capital one National Association

5. How do you know you are being sued? Served with complaint and Summons

6. How were you served? In person at home. Knocked on door and I answered.

7. Was the service legal as required by your state? I do not know

8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? I do not ever remember talking with or receiving anything from them.

9. What state and county do you live in? Arizona, Pinal

10. When is the last time you paid on this account? Around September 2012

11. What is the SOL on the debt? 6 years on credit cards 

12. What is the status of your case? Suit served? Motions filed? Summons and Complaint filed. I then filed Answer to complaint. Plaintiff then sent me Requests for admission of facts and non-uniform interrogatories and Dis closure Statement.

13. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus? Yes

14. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? No

15. How long do you have to respond to the suit? (This should be in your paperwork). If you don't respond to the lawsuit notice you will lose automatically. In 99% of the cases, they will require you to answer the summons, and each point they are claiming. We need to know what the "charges" are. Please post what they are claiming. Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit? 

I filed a answer onctime. I have until January 19th 2015 to respond to Requests for Admission and Non Uniform Interrogatories. The court does not show Requests for Admission of Fact and Non Uniform interrogatories or Disclosure Statement filed yet.

16. What evidence did they send with the summons? An affidavit? Statements from the OC? Contract? List anything else they attached as exhibits. In the Complaint filed there was a Account Statement (titled EXHIBIT "A") dated March 9th 2013 to April 7th 2013 with a due date of May 2nd 2013. There was also a AFFIDAVIT of ASSIGNMENT. In the Disclosure Statement there is a photo copy of a Terms and Conditions and Best Buy Credit Card application that was not signed (titled EXHIBIT "A"), a AFFIDAVIT OF ASSIGNMENT (same as the one in the Complaint) (titled EXHIBIT "B"), a Account Statement (same as the one from Complaint that was titled EXHIBIT "A") ( titled EXHIBIT "C"), a ACCOUNT Information Report (titled EXHIBIT "D"), a Forward Flow Receivable Sale Agreement dated 04/01/2013 BILL OF SALE (titled EXHIBIT "E"), and a Redacted Account List (titled EXHIBIT "E")

I am being sued for a debt that was sold by capital one to cach llc with a c/o law office of joe pezzuto. I am in need of help with fighting this. I can not afford this. I already filed a answer to the complaint and summons. I just recently received plaintiff's disclosure statement and requests for admission of fact and non-uniform interrogatories. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Welcome!

You are in the right place, surrounded in a supportive virual throng of experienced peers and expert attorneys, each ready to accompany you through this thicket of legal brambles that, once you spend some time here, daily, invested in your own case's victory, will no longer seem like more than the step-by-step legal ___process___that, in all reality, it truly is. The same as whipping something up by following a recipe in the kitchen, you will be able to whip up your case's defense by following specific steps for your case in a cake-like "recipe", first put this & this togather, (answer / response to complain / summons + proof of service), then, the next step, and so on... easy-peasy, but detailed, too.

To begin, you need to do like everyone else, start your case's thread by copying, pasting, answering and opening your case's thread with what you see here

CLICK!

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/242744-qs-to-answer-when-posting-in-this-forum-please-read/

Once you accomplish that, while folks read & respond, please read the essential links here,

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/forum/187-please-read-before-posting-board-announcements/

Warmly, (in California)

Welcome!

You are in the right place, surrounded in a supportive virual throng of experienced peers and expert attorneys, each ready to accompany you through this thicket of legal brambles that, once you spend some time here, daily, invested in your own case's victory, will no longer seem like more than the step-by-step legal ___process___that, in all reality, it truly is. The same as whipping something up by following a recipe in the kitchen, you will be able to whip up your case's defense by following specific steps for your case in a cake-like "recipe", first put this & this togather, (answer / response to complain / summons + proof of service), then, the next step, and so on... easy-peasy, but detailed, too.

To begin, you need to do like everyone else, start your case's thread by copying, pasting, answering and opening your case's thread with what you see here

CLICK!

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/242744-qs-to-answer-when-posting-in-this-forum-please-read/

Once you accomplish that, while folks read & respond, please read the essential links here,

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/forum/187-please-read-before-posting-board-announcements/

Warmly, (in California)

Thank you so much!!!

You need to file your disclosure statement with the Plaintiff within 40 days of your answer.  If you post what they sent I can help with the Rogs. You also need to fire off your discovery to them CMRRR, as the atty said he never got mine. And if you answer the questions , we will know what court you are in

Please edit your original post so as to answer the questions from here:

Also, any documents you can upload will help a lot.  Just be sure to black out any personal or identifying info.

Finally, are you currently married?  If yes, were you married to the same person any time when the debt was active (charges or payments made)?  Was your spouse named in the lawsuit (including "Jane/John Doe")?

Just a heads up, AZ is a wasteland of consumers that have lost against JDBs in court.  You should be prepared for this likely possibility in your own case.  You can appeal your case, but expect to spend the next 2 years battling it out in court and appeal.  Your alternatives to court are private contractual arbitration (it will be explained in the credit card agreement) or settlement.  Be warned that JDBs have capped legal fee agreements with their attorneys and these caps are met somewhere around initial disclosure.  Basically what I'm saying is that once your case gets underway, the JDB has absolutely no incentive to settle for a lower amount because it will cost them the same to settle in the next 2-3 months as it will to defeat you in court a 18 months from now.

Sorry I have been really busy. I know I am on a time crunch here. I had a few personal stuff come up in my life and was recently laid off from my job. can you still help please? What should I upload? I have until the 19th of this month to answer the Requests for Admission of facts and Non uniform interrogatories.

If you go to more reply options on the bottom, it should allow you on the left side to upload the rogs they sent.  And you need to prepare a disclosure statement if you haven't already.

Its easier to help if we know all the details, then you won't get wrong info.