Employer agreed to pay for schooling then stopped

Woods3

i worked for a company that signed a contract with me and made all payments for 4 years, one year left owing, then stopped paying. Employer continued to pay knowing I was unable to finish due to health reasons. I actually only completed one class in the first year and employer continued to pay. 4 years later I moved out of state then 2 years later I get papers saying I am being sued for $1000 still left owing by Troy capital. I know my employer continued to pay for at least 2 months after I left the company. Where do I go from here? HELP PLEASE

What you will need to do is contact the old employer and get an accounting of all payments made to the school. You also need to find the contract and see what it really says regarding incompleted/failed classes and what happens once your separate your employment.

Realize that the school probably has a contract with you to pay the bill, not your employer. Hence they can go after you for the money and if you have a valid claim, you have to go after your old employer.

i worked for a company that signed a contract with me and made all payments for 4 years, one year left owing, then stopped paying. Employer continued to pay knowing I was unable to finish due to health reasons. I actually only completed one class in the first year and employer continued to pay. 4 years later I moved out of state then 2 years later I get papers saying I am being sued for $1000 still left owing by Troy capital. I know my employer continued to pay for at least 2 months after I left the company. Where do I go from here? HELP PLEASE

If you stopped attending and no longer worked there then their obligation to pay ended as well.  If you did not properly withdraw from the program then the tuition is still owed.  

Where you "go" from here depends on what you are trying to accomplish.