Experian won't take my evidence

Hi everybody,

I'm a little frustrated by now. I disputed with the three credit bureaus an item that I had on my credit report from Capital One. They never got back at me but I did receive a letter from the OC (Capital One) saying:

"We have received your credit bureau dispute regarding the Card Services MasterCard Account. We have completed our investigation and the above-referenced account has been purged from our system. In addition, we have instructed all relevant major consumer reporting agencies to delete any reference of this Account from your credit reports".

They asked me to wait for 60 days to see that this was eliminated, I've waited for over 90 days and nothing happened. So I disputed this with the credit bureaus AGAIN and I attached the letter from Capital One. Today I got a letter from Experian saying:

"We have reviewed the documentation you provided with your dispute, but have determined that we are not able to use it to make the changes or deletions you requested. WE are contacting the furnisher of the information or the vendor who collected the information from a public record source. When we complete our precessing of your dispute, we will send you a copy".

But at the sane time I got a letter from original credit saying:

"We are writing you about a dispute you sent to one of the credit bureaus for your cordite card account ending XXXX. However, the information the credit bureau sent to us may not have contained everything needed for unto fully understand the reason of your dispute. Please send any supporting documentation, such as your credit report, showing that we've sent incorrect information to the credit report agencies and a copy of this letter.

I'm so lost that I don't know what do next. 

Wait for Experian to complete their reinvestigation.   It should be removed in 30 days.  If it is not removed, I have had very good experience with responding again to Experian (and enclosing a copy of their dispute results) and asking for the Method of Verification along with the name and address of the person who verified the information to Experian.  Generally, after I ask for MOV, I get a generic form letter stating how they conduct investigations.  If you just ignore this first letter and wait out the 30 days, I find that almost always I will get an updated credit report from Experian showing the account in question has been removed.

• Like 1