Statute of limitations

Woods3

@BV80

I had an employer that was paying a loan for educational purposes for me. I also signed the loan papers because I was told they had to have my signature to pull my school transcripts. This was back in 2008. Due to major health problems I was unable to complete the schooling. My employer continued to pay on this until 2012, leaving $1000.00 owing. In the mean time I had quit my job and moved out of state. I was unaware my old employer had stopped paying until I was served papers and was being sued. I have court on the 28th and I'm not sure how to proceed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@Woods3

The statute of limitations for collection usually begins after the date the last payment was made on an account.  Your situation seems a little more involved than what we usually deal with here.  Also, you don't have much time.  You really need to speak to an attorney. 

• Like 2