Sign in to follow this  
Sammyvill

Question Re 1099 Issued From OC

I opened my mail box today morning and found a 1099 B of A. It has last years date on it with a not saying cancellation of Debt. How do I go about question the authenticity of this debt? Do I send them a DV letter asking them to prove that this was my debt? I have already disputed the debt with the Experian and I came back “validated” but I have received any collection letter of phone calls from the OC nor have I and JDB contact me.

Whats your advice? Can anyone refer me to where I can find some helpful information?

Thanks

BofA was probably the OC and yes,, they have a right to send you a 1099 so that you can pay taxes on it. If you were insolvent at the time or filed BK tell the IRS, it will be a pass.

I received a 1099 today myself, from Cap1 for about 3K. Obviously I'd prefer not to have received it, but 4 years ago I walked away from a pretty decent amount of CC debt; I'm beyond SOL on everything now, I'm good with some extra tax liability that is a small fraction of what all the debt was just a few years ago.

• Like 1