Sign in to follow this  
willingtocope

WARNING! - Be careful with private messaging.

Folks...realize this is an open and public message board.  Anyone who wants to join is welcome to sign up and participate.  While us moderators and administrators do our best to block out right spammers or idiots, not everyone is who they claim to be.  Some are here to solicit business or even scam you out of your money.

BE AWARE that if someone uses "Private Messaging" to offer you services or secret methods for dealing with your problems they probably don't have YOUR interests at heart.  If they're not willing to discuss their methods in open forum, they are likely hiding something.

Please report anyone who wants to deal privately...

• Like 9

Willingtocope's advice should apply to ANYONE who offers help in a PM.   Anyone who offers advice that can be supported by law (statute) or a court ruling will not have a problem posting in an open forum.  

If that person does have a problem offering his advice in an open forum, then no matter his excuse, you should wonder if his advice is actually supported by law or if it's merely his opinion, and he knows he can't support it if questioned or contradicted by others.

• Like 11

i agree with the gorilla. there probably snooping for your personal info to have a shopping spree on your dime

• Like 1

My two cents- also please refrain from over doing private messaging.  I receive way too many PM's with general questions that should be posted in your thread.  Use private messaging only for what is is meant for- things that are not intended for public view. 

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this