fax debt validation letter okay to do ?

kos22us

I have affni on my credit report for a dish network account, I contacted affni about a month ago to have them send me a debt validation letter but the rep. I spoke with on the phone said no we had it at one time but looks like we sold the debt, checked my report last night and affni just hit it again,   so whats the best course of action ?    if I have to call them back and they say they do have the debt is it ok to have them fax me a debt validation letter ?      any info helps and is appreciated     thanks

If AFNI only reported to the bureaus and you found out about the debt that way they are not required to respond to your request for DV at all.  They are only required to cease collection efforts (which reporting isn't) until they do DV.  How they get a DV letter to you isn't as important that they do if they intend to keep collecting on the debt.

im sorry but im still confused,  AFNI did not contact me I just noticed them reporting on my CR, i called AFNI and said i wanted them off my CR and to please send me a DV so i can pay the debt and be free & clear and AFNI replied they had the debt but no longer have it, so my question is how do i get AFNI off the CR and how can i find out who i owe the debt to ?    

AFNI did not contact me I just noticed them reporting on my CR, 

I get that and under that circumstance they are not required to respond to your request for DV.  Especially since they no longer have the account.

how do i get AFNI off the CR and how can i find out who i owe the debt to ?    

Dispute the debt with the bureaus.  If AFNI no longer has the debt they probably will not respond to the dispute and it will be removed.  However, all AFNI is required to do is zero out the balance and state transferred to another lender  They are not required to remove the TL.

Call DISH network and arrange to pay it.  If they sold the debt or have a CA they will tell you.